Sliders are synonymous with football. There’s nothing better than sitting around on a Sunday afternoon gobbling up juicy, beef sliders while watching football. It’s perfect game day food.
College football is in full swing and sliders are the perfect halftime treat to serve your family or your guests. These mini cheeseburgers are also perfect for any party platter.
My Ohio State Buckeyes are playing pretty well this year. I live in a college town that just goes berserk for football.
We are lucky enough to attend plenty of games and it’s a perfect family outing.
We typically tailgate privately above the Varsity Club. And if you know OSU football you know all about the Varsity Club.
It’s a happening and hopping spot to be on tailgate Saturdays.
Our party room has a kitchen which is great when you want to serve up a football spread. And these sliders make a fabulous presentation on football Saturday.
What I love about these halftime treats is that the gooey sharp cheddar cheese and salty crisp bacon is molded right into the hamburger patty. It gives your ground beef an added punch of flavor.
Just look at the cheese oozing out of these sliders. Couldn’t you just sink your teeth into one of these cheeseburger delights. I know I could!
How should I cook beef sliders?
They can be sautéed in a skillet or or thrown on the grill. How you decide to cook them is really up to you. The end result is still the same. Delicious!
After they’re done cooking I like to add a small square of American cheese to give them an extra cheesy taste.
Serve them with your choice of top cheese, veggies and condiments. I prefer a big juicy slice of fresh garden tomato on mine. I think they would be delicious as well with sautéed golden mushrooms and Swiss cheese. The possibilities are endless.
Hungry for more?
Halftime Sliders with Bacon & Cheddar Cheese
- 1 pound ground beef, 85% lean
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese,cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 4 slices American cheese, cut in half
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- Wheat dinner rolls or slider buns, sliced in half
- Lettuce, tomato & onion slices (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, crumbled bacon and sharp cheddar cheese using your hands. Divide the beef into eight 2-ounce balls then flatten into slider patties. Sprinkle each patty with salt and pepper.
- Using a cast iron skillet or grill pan, heat your pan to medium heat. Sauté the patties for approximately four minutes a side or until done. Add the American cheese to each slider during the last minute of cooking and cover the pan with a lid to encourage melting.
- Serve immediately on the slider rolls and top with your favorite toppings and condiments.
What you’ll need for your party