Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt Cake – Pumpkin and chocolate come together in this moist and delicious fall dessert. Perfect for any party or holiday table!
We are headed to the neighbor’s house for a traditional Bengali dinner and I offered to bring dessert.
Hot and spicy calls for the right dessert. Something sweet. Something with chocolate. Something that goes well with Bengali cuisine.
Pumpkin for dessert pairs well with our main course, beef curry. The nutmeg and cinnamon help bring out the flavor of the pumpkin and the chocolate in this delicious pumpkin chocolate bundt cake.
Eat it right out of the oven or sprinkle with a little powdered sugar.
My kids even love this cake with a drizzle of salted caramel topping.
My indulgence is adding a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream on top. Delicious!
This recipe also bakes well in a loaf pan or in muffin tins and hits the spot for breakfast or even as a late afternoon snack.
Try my other pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats
- No Crust Mini Pumpkin Pies with Bourbon Maple Whipped Cream
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Marbled Pumpkin Chocolate Brownies
Pin this recipe on your Fall Recipes Board to save for later!
Follow me on Pinterest
Pumpkin Chocolate Bundt Cake
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and use cooking spray to coat the interior of a bundt pan.
- Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices in a bowl. In a separate bowl or standing mixer, beat the eggs with the sugars until the lumps are gone. Add the pumpkin, vanilla and the oil and beat for 30 seconds. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices to the wet ingredients until incorporated and well mixed. Fold in the chocolate chips by hand
- Pour the mixture into a bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a fork inserted deeply comes out clean. There will be gooey spots of chocolate throughout the cake and that is normal. Serve as is or with a side of vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.