Cold snowy nights in Ohio call for great tasting homemade soup. This one-pot vegetable tortellini soup is loaded with fresh vegetables and cheese tortellini.
Not only is this one pot wonder easy to make but it’s healthy for you.
It takes no time at all after a busy day at work to pull this together for a delicious meal for the entire family.
With the new year upon us, we are all trying to eat a bit healthier in my family.
This one-pot vegetable tortellini soup is loaded with vegetables and is a perfect way to get everyone in your family to eat their veggies.
What I love about this soup is that it really is no-fail. You literally throw all the veggies in a pot, sauté until soft, pour in the chicken broth and tortellini and dinner is served.
Please, please put the canned soup back on the grocery shelf!
I never buy packaged soup from the deli either because I have found that nothing tastes as good as fresh and homemade.
It’s much healthier to make your own and homemade is always much lower in sodium than store bought.
All you need is a few vegetables, some broth and your protein of choice to create restaurant-worthy soups, bisques and chowders.
Many of the recipes on my site take less than 30 minutes to make.
We’ve been enjoying lots of soups this winter. It’s cold and bitter in the Midwest and I’m ready for spring.
I’ve been on a kick lately. Soups for lunch and soups for dinner! I’ve got lots of great homemade soup and chowder recipes on Home & Plate.
Hungry for more?
One-Pot Vegetable Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 rib of celery chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper chopped
- 1 small zucchini chopped
- 1 small yellow squash chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach chopped
- 2 to matoes chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces fresh cheese tortellini
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Over medium heat sauté the onion, celery, carrots, red pepper, zucchini, and squash for about 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to caramelize.
- Next add the chicken stock, spinach and tomatoes. Add the cheese tortellini and cook according to the package directions, usually about four minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese. Serve with crusty French bread.