Enjoy a classic in a smaller portion. These Individual Chicken Pot Pies are mini servings but just as delicious as the whole pie!
Do you ever wish you could just eat the whole pie yourself?
Now you can!
I love a good pot pie and what I love about this family recipe is that it is all mine. All mine!
As my Aunt Mary would say, “It’s very tasty but messy on the plate since it has no bottom crust. That’s why we do individual pies.”
This recipe is slightly different from my classic pot pie recipe because it doesn’t have a bottom crust. I love being able to give everyone their own portion.
It’s neatly contained and creamy delicious. Great comfort food with less guilt.
Just trim out the right shapes for the top of your bowls.
Pre-made puff pastry works well too as does refrigerated biscuits.
Just get creative. And don’t be afraid to let that pie topper spill overboard. Yum!
This is the perfect size for just me! I love that with individual portions you get plenty of crust! ~ Sandra
What You’ll Need for this Recipe
A full printable recipe is below, but here is what you’ll need for this recipe.
- A rotisserie chicken
- A bag of mixed frozen vegetables
- 1 pie crust
- 1 small onion
- Chicken broth
This is a great version of chicken pot pie for weeknights when I can barely scrape together the energy to set the table and plate the food, but it makes for an elegant presentation. ~ Laura
How to Make Individual Chicken Pot Pies
The filling for these mini pot pies take 15 minutes to stir up on the stove top before pouring them into bowls and topping them with piecrust or puff pastry.
Sauté the onions in butter for a few minutes in a medium-size pot before slowly stirring in milk and chicken broth.
You’ll create a creamy roux after a few minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Chop up the rotisserie chicken into bite-size pieces and add it and the frozen vegetables to the creamy mixture.
Stir well before filling each individual bowl. Top of each bowl with strips of piecrust or puff pastry in a crisscross fashion.
Bake these mini pot pies at 425° for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
More Great Comfort Dinners
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Individual (Mini) Chicken Pot Pies
- 2.5 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded and chopped
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 14-ounce can chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pie crust, cut into strips
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Using a medium-sized sauce pan, sauté the onions in butter for 5 minutes. Add the flour to make a roux, stirring until mixed.
- Slowly add broth and milk. Stir until thickened. Add the chicken and veggies. Pour into individual bowls.
- Cut the pie crust into strips and place in a criss cross fashion to the edges and pressing the dough around edges of the bowl.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!