This loaded cream of cauliflower cheese soup is a healthy option that is full of flavor.
Cauliflower soup can be bland. But not this version!
It’s cheesy and creamy thanks to a combination of cheddar and Parmesan cheeses.
Chopped onions and celery are a must as to the base of this soup.
Sautéing them in a little olive oil before adding in the cauliflower with broth and milk helps punch up the flavor.
Is this cream of cauliflower cheese soup healthy?
Yes! This creamy, cheesy soup is low-carb, keto friendly and gluten-free.
Enjoy a bowl for lunch or as a elegant starter to a holiday meal.
This cream of cauliflower cheese soup requires just a few ingredients, an immersion blender and a few minutes of your time.
The result is a simple and smooth soup that is full of flavor and ideal during colder temperatures.
Fresh thyme leaves from the garden add a dry minty flavor that is the perfect addition to so many winter soups and chowders.
Eat it as is or top each bowl with crispy bacon, cheddar and Parmesan cheeses or toasted croutons.
The recipe makes plenty. Freeze the leftovers after cooling completely or store the leftovers for a few days in the fridge.
Can you freeze cauliflower cheese soup?
Chowders and bisques, and other soups that contain milk or cream, don not freeze well. They tend to take on a grainy texture and separate when defrosted and rewarmed.
Make this soup fresh and enjoy it over a few days as a side dish at dinner or enjoy a bowl of this soup for lunch.
More delicious soup recipes
- Hatteras Clam Chowder
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (30-Minute Recipe)
- Crab Bisque (30-Minute Recipe)
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Cream of Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 medium cauliflower, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Crumbled bacon
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onions and celery until tender, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and thyme and stir for another minute. Sprinkle in the flour and mix until it is well absorbed. Pour in the broth, milk and cauliflower and bring the soup to a boil.
- Once the soup is boiling reduce the heat and simmer the soup for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the cauliflower has softened.
- Remove the soup pot from the heat. Using an immersion blender, purée the soup until it is well blended. Add the cheddar cheese and a splash of milk if you desire a thinner consistency.
- Top each bowl with additional shredded cheddar cheese and crispy crumbled bacon bits.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!