Baked Honey Barbecue Chicken is slow roasted and basted with a honey ketchup glaze that results in fall-off-the-bone deliciousness no one can resist!
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
We are big fans of chicken legs and wings in our house. My husband like them hot. I like them mild. And my children like them – plain.
They are not fans of spicy. And teriyaki just doesn’t agree with their taste buds.
My girlfriend Chrissy turned me on to this new flavor that even the pickiest eaters will love.
These baked honey barbecue chicken wings and legs are caramelized to perfection and have a sweet and sticky flavor that is just delicious.
The trick to the sauce thickening and caramelizing is heating the sauce on the stove top with a little cornstarch before pouring it over your chicken.
What is honey barbecue chicken made of?
Honey Barbecue Chicken is a sticky and sweet chicken option that is tossed with a sweetened honey barbecue sauce made with just 6 ingredients in under an hour.
How to make Barbecue Chicken
First, mix together the honey, olive oil, the garlic and a spoonful of ketchup to make up the tangy coating. Next, heat the sauce in a small saucepan until the thinned out.
In a separate bowl, mix the soy and cornstarch and stir until dissolved. Add cornstarch mixture to the pot and allow the sauce to thicken and bubble.
Prepare the chicken on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and place the pan in the oven and bake the chicken for an hour at 350 degrees.
This chicken is perfect for a big party or for game day.
The sauce is also delicious on bone-in breast of chicken and there are many versions of this recipe swirling online.
After an hour in the oven, the chicken is ready to serve.
Try these other chicken recipes
- Beer Can Chicken Recipe – Juicy and Ready in an Hour!
- Chargrilled Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Skillet Chicken with Carrots & Potatoes
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Baked Honey Barbecue Chicken
- 3 pounds chicken legs, wings or drumettes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On the stove top over medium heat add the olive oil, ketchup, honey and garlic in a small pot. In a separate bowl, add the 2 tablespoons of cornstarch to the soy sauce and mix until well incorporated.
- Once the sauce in the pot starts to simmer, slowly pour in the cornstarch and soy sauce mixture and continue to stir until the glaze thickens considerably.
- In a 9 x 13 inch Pyrex dish or foil lined baking sheet, arrange the chicken and season it with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for one hour or until the chicken is caramelize, basting as needed.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!