Angel Hair with Pine Nuts and Chicken can be whipped up for a mid week meal using rotisserie or leftover chicken, crunchy pine nuts and salty pancetta bacon.
Anytime my husband and I go out to dinner I always wonder if I can replicate the meal at home especially if it was particularly yummy.
This recipe was my attempt to re-create a signature dish from a local restaurant using the ingredients listed on the menu and those that were obviously on my plate.
What I love about this Angel Hair with Pine Nuts and Chicken is the addition of pine nuts, chili flakes and toasted breadcrumbs to give this dish a nutty, crunchy texture with a little heat.
The combination of pancetta and chicken is always delicious and pairing it with a light pasta helps all the ingredients stand out.
To finish this dish, I stirred in a little chicken broth and reserved pasta water and topped each plate with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Was it as good as the restaurant’s signature dish? Pretty damn close.
Angel Hair with Pine Nuts and Chicken
- 11/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 package of Pancetta
- 3 ounce package of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan herb panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 box angel hair pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions. Reserve the pasta water then drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the pancetta for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped chicken and continue cooking another minute. Sprinkle in the pine nuts and stir constantly until golden brown. Be careful not to burn the pine nuts. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, Panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, butter and olive oil.
- Add the drained pasta and pour in the chicken broth and reserved pasta water slowly, adding only enough as needed. Stir to incorporate all the ingredients. Top each plate with shaved Parmesan cheese.