Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken can be whipped up for a mid week meal using rotisserie or leftover chicken, crunchy pine nuts and salty pancetta bacon.
Anytime my husband and I go out to dinner I always wonder if I can replicate the meal at home especially if it was particularly yummy.
This recipe was my attempt to re-create a signature dish from Tucci, a local restaurant, using the ingredients listed on the menu and those that were obviously on my plate.
What I love about this recipe is the addition of pine nuts, chili flakes and toasted breadcrumbs. These are the ideal ingredients to give this dish a nutty, crunchy texture. The heat from red pepper flakes spices things up.
How to long to cook angel hair pasta
Typically, angel hair pasta requires less time to boil than traditional spaghetti or vermicelli. After boiling 4-6 quarts of water, angel hair pasta is “al dente” after four minutes of boiling.
Any longer and the pasta will stick together and loses that bite you get from pasta that’s al dente.
What is angel hair pasta used for?
Pasta dishes using angel hair, or capellini, pair best with simple ingredients like pine nuts, pancetta and chicken. But this long thin pasta noodle is also delicious in soups, with shrimp and light sauces.
How to make angel hair pasta with chicken
The combination of salty pancetta and chicken is always delicious. Pairing these ingredients with a light pasta helps all the ingredients stand out. My entire family loves this recipe and it can be on the table in under 30 minutes.
I added spicy red pepper flakes and crunchy panko to give this dish texture and to finish this dish,. Next I stirred in a little chicken broth and reserved pasta water and topped each plate with shaved Parmesan cheese.
Was it as good as the restaurant’s signature dish? Pretty damn close.
More great pasta recipes
- Basil Pesto Vegetable Pasta with Shrimp
- Chicken & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- Cold Sesame Noodles
- Leftover Turkey Mushroom Stroganoff
Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
- 11/2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 package of Pancetta
- 3 ounce package of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan herb panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 box angel hair pasta
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the angel hair pasta according to package directions. Reserve the pasta water then drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, fry the pancetta for about 2 minutes. Add the chopped chicken and continue cooking another minute. Sprinkle in the pine nuts and stir constantly until golden brown. Be careful not to burn the pine nuts. Sprinkle in the red pepper flakes, Panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, butter and olive oil.
- Add the drained pasta and pour in the chicken broth and reserved pasta water slowly, adding only enough as needed. Stir to incorporate all the ingredients. Top each plate with shaved Parmesan cheese.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!