Enjoy this Pear & Blackberry Salad – pears, blackberries and almonds are placed on a bed of greens and topped with a warm bacon vinaigrette.
Apples have been getting all the attention lately. It’s time to bring another fall fruit into the spotlight. Anjou pears are a sweet treat when they’re paired with blackberries and almonds and placed on a bed of greens and topped with a warm bacon vinaigrette.
My Anjou Pear & Blackberry Salad with a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette is the perfect way to start any holiday meal.
It’s a salad we serve yearly at our Christmas table.
While I love Bartlett and Bosc pears, Anjou pears are my favorite. I love both the green and red varieties.
They are sweet and mellow and are just as delicious raw as they are baked or roasted. They are fabulous in this salad paired with crumbled bacon and juicy blackberries.
The warm bacon vinaigrette adds a tangy and salty flavor to the sweet fruit.
Feel free to substitute spinach for the baby spring greens. This salad is healthy, high in vitamin K, folate and fiber.
Did you know blackberries have one of the highest antioxidant levels of all fruits?
You just can’t go wrong with this delicious salad for lunch or for any holiday get together.
Be sure to check out these other great salad recipes
Anjou Pear & Blackberry Salad with a Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
- 1 Anjou pear, cored and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 ounces blackberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese, optional
- 4 ounces baby spring mix salad greens or fresh spinach
- 2 teaspoon reserved bacon drippings
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small jar mix together the warm bacon drippings, cider vinegar, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper. Shake or whisk well.
- Place the greens in a large bowl. Add the sliced pears, blackberries, crumbled bacon and sliced almonds. Top with crumbled goat cheese and the warm bacon vinaigrette.