This chicken bacon asparagus pasta recipe features a creamy sauce and can be on your dinner table in about 30 minutes.
Do you ever just need a delicious dinner for two on the table quickly?
The summer swim meet wrapped up early and my husband and I still hadn’t eaten dinner.
I knew I could whip up an easy meal at home with a few simple ingredients already in the fridge in no time.
Busy weeknights sometimes leave me empty handed when it comes to dinner so I usually like to make sure I have a few staples readily available.
In the fridge, I found a bunch of fresh asparagus, a package of bacon, chicken breasts and lots of different kinds of pasta in the pantry.
This chicken asparagus pasta was delicious and now goes into the easy dish meal plan rotation.
It’s become one of our favorite recipes.
“This is delicious and better than anything I could get out to eat,” my husband said while devouring the bowl in front of him.
The salty bacon paired with tender spears of asparagus and fresh char-grilled chicken mixed in a creamy Alfredo sauce is completely restaurant worthy.
What kind of pasta should I use with this recipe?
I used Barilla Campanelle pasta for this pasta dish.
This pasta is shaped like a cone with a ruffled edge. I call it ear canal shaped pasta.
This noodle holds a creamy and cheesy sauce extremely well.
Penne pasta would also work well with this recipe.
This delicious pasta recipe makes a perfect dinner for two.
Make it for the whole family by doubling the recipe.
How to make this creamy chicken bacon asparagus pasta
Pick up a few staples from the grocery store for this simple pasta dish.
Chicken. Fresh chicken or pick up a rotisserie chicken and pull off the cooked meat.
Pasta. Any tubular pasta will work. I grabbed Penne or Campanelle pasta.
Fresh asparagus. I like to select the thin stalks because they taste so tender and sweet.
Bacon. You can’t go wrong with Oscar Meyer or Coleman bacon (Costco favorite).
Parmesan Cheese. Pick this up fresh from the deli rather than the pasta aisle.
How to make this chicken pasta with bacon and asparagus
Heat the grill to medium-high heat and season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Skip this step if using rotisserie. Grill the chicken until golden brown, for 6 minutes a side. Slice the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces.
Cook the pasta in boiling water in a large pot according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain the cooked pasta and set aside.
Chop and fry the bacon in a large pan until crispy. Remove the bacon and lower the heat to medium heat and add the asparagus, sautéing for 6 to 7 minutes. Set the asparagus aside with the bacon.
Add the butter and cream to the hot pan and combine until the butter has melted. Add the cheese and stir for a couple of minutes until thickened and bubbly.
Return the bacon and asparagus to the pan and add the chicken. Season with black pepper.
Top each bowl of pasta with the creamy Parmesan sauce and sprinkle with additional cheese.
What to serve along with this delicious pasta
Easy Chicken Campanelle with Bacon & Asparagus
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 box Barilla Campanelle pasta
- 3 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, chopped and fried
- Half of a bunch of asparagus, chopped
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, grilled and chopped
- Fresh ground pepper and salt
- Heat the grill to medium heat. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper and grill for 12 minutes or until done. Slice the chicken into thin pieces.
- Cook the pasta according to the box directions. Then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towels and drain the bacon fat from the pan. Add the chopped spears of asparagus to the pan at medium low heat and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes, until tender yet firm. The asparagus will take on the flavor of the remnant bacon fat and add incredible flavor to your recipe.
- Once the asparagus has finished cooking, Set it aside along with the bacon in. Melt the butter in the pan and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir constantly and adjust the heat if necessary. Season your Alfredo sauce with fresh ground pepper.
- Once your Alfredo sauce is creamy, return the chicken, bacon and asparagus to the pan and mix well.
- Top each bowl of pasta with fresh Parmesan cheese.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!