Guinness Mushroom Chicken Breasts can be made in 30 minutes and this dinner is a delicious way to dress up boring ‘ole chicken!
What’s for dinner? Chicken. Again?
Have you ever heard this? But, “chicken again” is delicious when you pair sauteed chicken cutlets with mushrooms simmered and glazed in Guinness beer.
Chicken can get boring if you don’t break out of the box. It doesn’t have to be.
The beer soaked button mushrooms in this Guinness Mushroom Chicken Breasts impart the subtle flavor of the stout.
Spear each bite of chicken with a mouthful of mushrooms and I promise no more boring chicken.
I had a few Guinness beers left in the fridge. I’ve been looking for ways to use Guinness in my cooking and this was one of them.
Also be sure to check out my Guinness Brownies recipe which is perfect dessert for St. Patrick’s Day.
You won’t use the whole beer to make these mushrooms so be sure to pour the remainder in a frosty glass to enjoy. Drink up!
How to Make Guinness Mushroom Chicken Breasts
This recipe is easy to make with a cast iron skillet. Its my trusted pan that you can use for anything and this recipe is no exception. It allows the chicken and mushrooms to evenly cook and can be kept in the oven to stay warm.
First, brown several chicken breast cutlets after drizzling each with olive oil. After about 4 minutes, flip the chicken and finish sauteeing, about 3 minutes further. Remove the chicken to a plate.
Next, saute the mushrooms in butter until the mushrooms release their juices and start to brown. Add in the Worcestershire sauce and Guinness Beer and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced by half.
Add the chicken back to the pan and spoon the mushrooms and liquid over the chicken before serving.
Other recipes using Guinness Beer
- Guinness Beer Bread
- Sautéed Guinness Mushrooms
- Guinness Float
- 25 Recipes that Feature Guinness – Eat your Beer!
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Guinness Mushrooms Chicken Breast
- Cast Iron Skillet
- 2 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts or four (4-ounce) boneless skinless cutlets
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Guinness beer
- Slice two boneless skinless chicken breasts in half lengthwise or prepare four chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the oil to a large skillet pan and bring to medium heat, Sauté the chicken cutlets until they are cooked golden in color, about four minutes a side. Remove the cutlets to a platter.
- In a large skillet, sauté the mushrooms in butter for about 4 to 5 minutes until they're soft and brown. Add the Worcestershire sauce and Guinness beer and cook until the liquid has reduced by half. Spoon the mushrooms and sauce over the cooked chicken and serve.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Sharing easy recipes to help you be more confident in the kitchen.
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!