Make up this shrimp & peach salad with goat cheese for a light summer dinner and add a drizzle of honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top.
I discovered that grilled peaches and shrimp go beautifully together. This salad dotted with goat cheese and pecans and drizzled with a honey balsamic vinaigrette is a winner.
The grill has been my friend this summer. I’ve enjoyed grilling fruits especially peaches because it brings out a sweet, caramelized flavor to whatever you add it to.
Shrimp is always succulent off the grill. Put the two together and you have an amazing combination of flavors.
My husband was hesitant to eat shrimp and peaches together. Being a meat and potatoes boy he was pleasantly surprised.
“This taste great” where his exact words.
This shrimp peach & goat cheese salad is the perfect healthy choice. It’s low in calories, high in protein and packed with flavor.
Mix up your own honey balsamic vinaigrette and there is no guilt eating this summer salad.
Grilled Shrimp, Peach & Goat Cheese Salad with Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled
- Wooden skewers
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 peach, sliced into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the grill to medium. Thread the shrimp onto wooden skewers. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste. Grill the shrimp on both sides for a total of 3 to 5 minutes and until pink and cooked through.
- Thread the sliced peaches and red peppers alternately onto wooden skewers. Grill for a total of 6 to 8 minutes or until the peaches and peppers are slightly soft. Remove the peaches and peppers from the skewers and set aside.
- In a small jar whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the lettuce mix into bowls. Arrange the red peppers and peaches on top of each salad. Next, top with pecans and goat cheese and the shrimp skewers. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and serve.