Make up this shrimp & peach salad with goat cheese for a light summer dinner and add a drizzle of honey balsamic vinaigrette dressing on top.
I discovered that grilled peaches and shrimp go beautifully together.
This salad dotted with goat cheese and pecans and drizzled with a honey balsamic vinaigrette is a winner.
The grill has been my friend this summer.
I’ve enjoyed grilling fruits especially sweet peaches because it brings out a sweet, caramelized flavor to whatever you add it to.
Shrimp is always succulent off the grill.
Put the two together and you have an amazing combination of flavors.
How to grill fresh peaches
Grilling ripe peaches or any stone fruit brings out the natural sugars and intensifies the sweetness of the fruit.
Cut the peaches in half on a cutting board and remove the pit. Brush a bit of olive oil on the flesh and grill them on medium heat skin side up for about 5 minutes until you see grill marks.
Alternatively, cut the peaches into thick wedges and spear them on to wooden skewers and grill for 5 minutes turning them after two to three minutes.
What lettuce is best with this shrimp and peach salad?
There are so many choices! I like to grab prewashed spring mix from the produce section of my local grocery store because it’s ready to eat.
But baby arugula would be delicious as well because the spicy flavor of the lettuce would pair wonderfully with the sweet peaches.
Spinach is another option that would taste amazing with the shrimp and peaches.
How do I choose the right cheese for this salad?
It is a matter of preference. The creamy texture of goat cheese goes great with grilled peaches and shrimp. If you like fresh mozzarella, that works well too.
I am also a fan of salty feta cheese as well as a more pungent blue cheese on this easy salad.
My husband was hesitant to eat shrimp and peaches together.
Being a meat and potatoes boy he was pleasantly surprised.
“This taste great” where his exact words.
This peach and shrimp salad recipe with goat cheese is the perfect healthy choice for a complete meal.
It’s low in calories, high in protein and packed with flavor.
Mix up your own honey balsamic salad dressing and there is no guilt eating this summer salad.
More great summer salad recipes
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Easy Grilled Shrimp and Sweet Peach Salad
- 4 cups baby spring lettuce mix
- 1/2 pound large shrimp, peeled
- Wooden skewers
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 peach, sliced into wedges
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the grill to medium to medium-high heat. Thread the shrimp onto wooden skewers. Drizzle the shrimp with olive oil and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the shrimp on both sides for a total of 3 to 5 minutes and until pink and cooked through.
- Thread the peach slices and red pepper slices alternately onto wooden skewers. Grill for a total of 6 to 8 minutes or until the peaches and peppers are slightly soft.
- Remove the peaches and peppers from the skewers and set aside.
- In a small jar or mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Divide lettuce mix into bowls. Arrange the red peppers and peaches on top of each salad.
- Next, top with pecans and goat cheese and the shrimp skewers. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!