Fall in love with my Pumpkin Cupcakes with a salted caramel frosting – Sweet pumpkin. Salted caramel. Put the two together and you have heaven in a cupcake.
Doesn’t this frosted cupcake look decadent?
And the drizzle of salted caramel on top is just irresistible.
I couldn’t keep my teenager out of the frosting.
I crafted this recipe for all the #Foodiemamas out there. Today I’m joining in with other food bloggers who are rounding up their favorite pumpkin recipes.
Be sure to check out all the wonderful recipes at the end of this post.
These Harvest Pumpkin Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Frosting are easy to make and promises to appease palates of all ages.
A box of spice cake mix and a jar of salted caramel topping makes this dessert simple to make in no time.
The pumpkin spice cupcakes alone are healthy and Weight Watchers approved. Add the salted caramel frosting, and there’s something for everyone.
Are you skipping sweets or counting calories? Looking for a healthy after school snack for the kids?
Then skip the frosting and dive into these pumpkin cupcakes guilt free.
Or, if you’re like me, add the salted caramel cream cheese frosting to the cupcakes for an elegant dessert or sweet treat.
How would you like your cupcake?
Be sure to SCROLL DOWN for more pumpkin recipes from a few fabulous #FoodieMamas. Enjoy all that these great #FoodieMamas Bloggers have to offer.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with a Salted Caramel Frosting
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 package of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup salted caramel topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add liners to your cupcake tins and spray each liner with a shot of cooking spray.
- Mix together the cake mix, pumpkin and water and blend well. Pour the batter into your cupcake tins about 2/3 full and cook according to the box directions, approximately 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and salted caramel topping until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar gradually until well blended.
- Frost the cupcakes then drizzle with a spoonful of salted caramel topping. Refrigerate any leftover cupcakes.
GET THESE GREAT RECIPES FROM THESE #FOODIEMAMAS BLOGGERS
Deepika from Easy Baby Meals knows comfort food. Her Pumpkin with Orzo Pasta is the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of fall.
Chrissie from The Busy Baker makes dessert easy with this No-Bake Mason Jar Pumpkin Cheesecake. Couldn’t you just dive right in?
Sara from Life’s Little Sweets shares her Pumpkin Spice Bread. This autumn classic promises to become a family favorite.
Amanda from The Chunky Chef knows pumpkin is not just for Halloween. Get her recipe for homemade Pumpkin Risotto in Edible Parmesan Bowls.
Emily from The Best Of This Life shares her Homemade Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte…the perfect beverage to warm up when its cool outside.
Kaitie from Fuchsia Freezer makes homemade Pumpkin Fudge that looks gourmet. Drizzle with your favorite sweet toppings.
Sabrina from Dinner Then Dessert knows how to start the day off right with these delicious Baked Mini Pumpkin Pecan Donuts.