My Homemade Honeycrisp Apple Crisp is an easy dessert that can be made in under an hour. Let the kids do the peeling and I promise this sweet treat will disappear fast.
Honeycrisp apples are the sweetest, most delicious fall fruit.
My boys can’t get enough.
Imagine my surprise when I found my teenage sons in the kitchen whipping up a pan of homemade honeycrisp apple crisp.
One was peeling the apples and the other was making the crumb topping.
They found my simple and easy homemade recipe that uses limited ingredients but results in “the best apple crisp ever!”
Can you prepare homemade honeycrisp apple crisp the day before?
Absolutely! You can make it the day before, store in the fridge, and reheat it in the oven before serving it to your guests.
It is simple and easy to make. The hardest part is coring the apples.
It’s amazing what kind of help you can get in the kitchen when your cooking assistants know what the prize is.
The apple crisp crumb topping is crumbly and sweet. It’s a great complement to warm, cinnamon-spiced cooked apples.
Honeycrisp apples are my favorite kinds of apples because they are sweet and juicy and go great in any pie, tart or crisp.
Should apple crisp be refrigerated?
The crisp should be allowed to cool after baking until it reaches room temperature. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to two days.
Trust me it won’t last that long if you have kids or spouses that love it as much as mine do.
Do you serve apple crisp warm or cold?
You can serve it warm or cold. If you make it ahead of time, bring it to room temperature first. Otherwise, warm up the crisp in a 350 degree oven for about 15 minutes.
Love honeycrisp apples? Try these delicious recipes using honeycrisp apples!
- Rustic Apple Crumble Tart
- Honeycrisp Apple Quesadillas
- Easy Apple Crisp Galette
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake
- Warm Apple Bake
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Homemade Honeycrisp Apple Crisp
- 4 large honeycrisp apples, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Peel, core and chop the honeycrisp apples into 1-inch cubes. Place the apples, cinnamon and water in a bowl and toss. Then place the apples into a prepared 11 x 2 inch pan.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour, oats and melted butter and mix until crumbly and well blended. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Place the pan in a preheated 350° oven and bake for 45 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!