My Homemade Honeycrisp Apple Crisp is an easy dessert that can be made in under an hour. Let the kids do the peeling and I promise this sweet treat will disappear fast.
Honeycrisp apples are the sweetest, most delicious fall fruit.
My boys can’t get enough.
Imagine my surprise when I found my teenage sons in the kitchen whipping up a pan of homemade honeycrisp apple crisp.
One was peeling the apples and the other was making the crumb topping.
They found my simple and easy homemade recipe that uses limited ingredients but results in “the best apple crisp ever!”
Simple and easy. The hardest part is coring the apples.
It’s amazing what kind of help you can get in the kitchen when you’re cooking assistants know what the prize is.
The apple crisp crumb topping is crumbly and sweet. It’s a great complement to warm, cinnamon-spiced cooked apples.
Honeycrisp apples are my favorite because they are sweet and juicy and go great in any pie, tart or crisp.
Hungry for more?
Homemade Honeycrisp Apple Crisp
- 4 large honeycrisp apples, peeled and sliced into cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Peel, core and chop the honeycrisp apples into 1-inch cubes. Place the apples, cinnamon and water in a bowl and toss. Then place the apples into a prepared 11 x 2 inch pan.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar, flour, oats and melted butter and mix until crumbly and well blended. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the apples.
- Place the pan in a preheated 350° oven and bake for 45 minutes until the crust is golden brown.