My honeycrisp apple salad features crisp Honeycrisp sweet apples, rotisserie chicken, pecans, crumbled goat cheese and topped with an apple cider vinaigrette.
I’ve been enjoying Honeycrisp apples lately. I just can’t eat enough of this crunchy sweet fruit.
They are my favorite apple, tangy and sweet and simply irresistible.
I’ve been finding great ways to add apples to my meals.
Who said apples only belong in desserts?
Hence honeycrisp autumn harvest salad was born.
I got my inspiration for this recipe from a long car trip where my only option for lunch was Wendy’s.
Not in the mood for fried food I opted for their apple pecan salad.
I knew I could replicate this green salad using fresh ingredients and making my own homemade, tangy-sweet apple cider vinaigrette.
I created the season’s best salad that includes perfectly crisp apple slices with rotisserie chicken, pecans and crumbled goat cheese and topped with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette.
It’s fall, the time of year in Ohio which means it’s Honeycrisp apple picking season. Honeycrisp apples are ripe for the picking.
If you can buy local, do so. There you’ll find the best produce and it’s worth it.
Stop by your local grocery store or farmers market for the best apples.
If you can’t find honeycrisp apples, pink lady apples are similar in taste.
This is one of my favorite fall salads. It also makes a great holiday salad and is the perfect side dish for a grilled summer dinner.
WHAT KIND OF GREENS SHOULD I USE FOR THIS SALAD
I prefer a mixed selection of my favorite greens for this salad, but this would be delicious with spicy baby arugula, spring mix, baby spinach or baby romaine lettuces.
WHAT KINDS OF NUTS CAN I USE INSTEAD OF PECANS?
If you don’t have pecans at home, use an alternative like almonds or walnuts. Crisp pumpkin seeds are also delicious sprinkled over this salad.
They showcase these delicious Honeycrisp apples I can’t get enough of.
How do you like your apples?
MORE GREAT FALL SALAD RECIPES
- Apple Quinoa Spinach Salad
- Autumn Pear Salad with Citrus Dressing
- Granny Smith Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
The Best Honeycrisp Apple Salad with a Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cups shredded chicken
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- To make the vinaigrette, add a fourth of a cup apple cider vinegar, oil, honey mustard and salt and pepper to a small bowl whisk until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixed greens in a large bowl or in individual bowls. Arrange the chicken, sliced apples, cranberries, pecans and goat cheese on top of the greens. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!