My Apple Pecan Salad features crisp Honeycrisp apples, rotisserie chicken, pecans, crumbled goat cheese and topped with an apple cider vinaigrette.
I’ve been enjoying Honeycrisp apples lately. I just can’t eat enough of this crunchy sweet fruit.
I’ve been finding great ways to add apples to my meals.
Who said apples only belong in desserts?
Hence Honeycrisp Apple Pecan Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette was born.
I got my inspiration for this recipe from a long car trip where my only option for lunch was Wendy’s.
Not in the mood for fried food I opted for their apple pecan salad.
I knew I could replicate this recipe using fresh ingredients and making my own homemade apple cider dressing.
I created the perfect fall salad that includes perfectly crisp apples with rotisserie chicken, pecans and crumbled goat cheese and topped with a homemade apple cider vinaigrette.
It’s fall in Ohio which means it’s Honeycrisp apple picking season. Honeycrisp apples are ripe for the picking.
If you can buy local, do so. Its worth it.
How do you like your apples?
More great salad recipe
- Apple Quinoa Spinach Salad
- Autumn Pear Salad with Citrus Dressing
- Granny Smith Apple Pecan Chicken Salad
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Apple Pecan Salad with an Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cups shredded chicken
- 5 ounces mixed greens
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey mustard
- Salt and pepper
- To make the vinaigrette, add all the ingredients to a small container and whisk until well blended. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixed greens in a large salad bowl or in individual bowls. Arrange the chicken, sliced apples, cranberries, pecans and goat cheese on top of the greens. Drizzle with the vinaigrette.
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!