Learn how to make apple cheddar quesadillas with sweet fall Honeycrisp apples, salty crisp bacon and sharp cheddar cheese. They make the perfect lunch or appetizer.
Sometimes a sandwich for lunch can get pretty boring, don’t you think?
Try something new. Enjoy fall’s sweet apples by pairing them with salty, crisp bacon and sharp cheddar cheese in this easy quesadilla recipe.
Couldn’t you just sink your teeth into these?
It’s apple picking season here in Ohio and honeycrisp apples are a local favorite.
These tart apples promise to fill your mouth with juice once you bite into one.
You can find this sweet fruit in any local grocery store or farmers market if you don’t have an apple orchard nearby.
Learn how to make apple quesadillas
This recipe is easy with only 4 ingredients. You’ll need a hot pan and spatula.
- Cut the apples into thin apple slices.
- Fry the bacon into crumbles.
- Heat up one tortilla in a pan over medium hear and assemble the sliced apples, bacon and shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Place the second tortilla over the ingredients and flip carefully when the bottom shell has browned and the cheese melts.
- Once the bottom tortilla has browned, remove the quesadilla to a platter and slice into four quarters and serve.
- What tortillas should I use?
What tortillas should I use?
I like to use flour tortillas for this recipe and ones that fit the size pan I am using.
But whole wheat tortillas as well as a corn tortilla would work if you are looking for healthy or gluten-free options.
What kind of apples should I use?
Honeycrisp! These sweet juicy apples are a fall favorite in my household and we go through them quickly.
But any tart apple will do for this recipe. I love to use granny smith apples ,McIntosh or gala apples when they are available.
I’ve been enjoying apple slices in salads and my kids have gone crazy this fall making batch after batch of apple crisp.
What other toppings go great inside apple quesadillas?
You can create any number of delicious toppings to go inside apple quesadillas. Just get creative!
Steak, apples and Gorgonzola cheese
Ham, apples and Monterey Jack cheese
Apples, apple pie spices, honey and cream cheese
Gouda cheese, apples and caramelized onions
Grilled chicken, apples and cheddar cheese
Peanut butter and apples
Serve these apple cheddar quesadillas with these delicious recipes:
- The Best Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing (Easy Recipe)
- Easy Asian Coleslaw (Chinese Ramen Noodle Salad)
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs (Easy Summer Recipe)
- Tomatoes Caprese Salad
- Baked BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Learn how to make cheese quesadillas with apples, bacon and cheddar
- 1 large skillet
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 4 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- Bring a large skillet pan on the stovetop to medium heat.
- Once the pan is hot, place the tortilla in the pan and layer on the bacon pieces, apples and cheddar cheese.
- Top with the other tortilla and cook for about 2-3 minutes or until the bottom tortilla is golden brown.
- Use a spatula to check often.
- Flip the quesadilla being careful to keep ingredients sandwiched between the two tortillas.
- Once the bottom half of the tortilla is golden brown, place quesadillas on a cutting board and slice into four triangles.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!