Individual barbecue chicken pizzas can be whipped up quickly using leftover or rotisserie chicken, fresh mozzarella cheese and basil from the garden!
Pizza night in our house happens quite often. It’s an easy meal when there’s a lot going on.
Baking individual barbecue chicken pizzas is a departure from the standard but a delicious alternative.
We always have pepperoni in the fridge and that seems to be the meat of choice when the kids are making their individual pizzas.
But the grown ups like to mix things up.
Leftover barbecued chicken paired with sweet and spicy barbecue sauce with fresh mozzarella cheese = Yum.
A few sprigs of fresh basil from the garden go right on top.
We served these pizzas up after an evening baseball game and they were ready in no time.
This pizza goes great on the grill too. Just make sure you place your pizza on a piece of aluminum foil so as not to burn the crust.
Get creative with your toppings if chicken isn’t your thing. Spicy chorizo or beef go great with a variety of different kinds of cheeses and vegetables.
What do you like on your pizza?
Individual Barbecue Chicken Pizzas
- 2 mini Boboli pizza crusts
- 1/4 cup Montgomery Inn barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup Meat Lovers tomato sauce
- 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced into pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped chicken
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cracked black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Mix the barbecue sauce and the tomato sauce together. Divide the mixed sauce, spooning half on one pizza crust and half on the other. Add the chicken to each pizza and top with equal amounts of the mozzarella.
- Drizzle the top of each pizza with olive oil and fresh cracked pepper. Bake each pizza for about 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble and turn brown. Add the chopped basil leaves to the tops of each pizza in the last minute of cooking.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven and wait one minute before cutting allowing the mozzarella cheese to cool.
8 thoughts on “Individual Barbecue Chicken Pizzas”
I just love BBQ chicken pizza! These look delicious!
My hubby could and would eat pizza every day if I let him haha. Love the little individual pizzas!
Individual pizzas are always a hit in my house. Enjoy!
Leftover chicken is exactly what I was thinking! I’m sure we’ll have too much after our weekend party, so this is a great way to plan on those leftovers! These look delicious!
What a great way to use up the leftover chicken
I love the idea of using pre made crust for the grill! I already have enough struggles getting the dough in a circle.
Thanks. The premade crust seems to hold up well on the grill.
Individual pizzas are the best because I feel like I’m getting a whole pizza all to myself!