Oreo Brownies are an easy treat that adds oreo cookies to the chocolate brownie batter. Make sure you have a full glass of milk for these bars.
Oreo cookies are a favorite in my home. It’s hard to keep them around.
No one can eat just one!
It’s no wonder Oreos are the best selling cookie in the US.
They are especially delicious when combined with chocolate brownies. The fudgy texture of the brownie along with the crunch of an Oreo makes for an especially sweet treat.
Pair it with a big glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream – heaven.
I used traditional Oreo cookies for this recipe but you really could add any flavor of Oreo cookie.
I also made my brownies from scratch.
Forget the box, these brownies are simple to make and require just one bowl. And they are so much tastier.
If your kids are like mine you better hide at least one for yourself. These Oreo brownies promise to go fast.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking oil.
- In a large enough microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until the butter has melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar. Using a kitchen mixer, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour and stir in half of the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining chopped Oreo cookies. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Then use the foil to lift the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares.
15 thoughts on “Milk’s Favorite Oreo Brownies”
Dear Aly, I could never eat just one Oreo and I could never eat just one of these decadent Oreo Brownies. Hold me back!!! I love that these are scratch brownies… There’s a chill in the air in New England tonight, I’d love one (or three) with a mug of hot chocolate!
I hear you Allie. They will disappear quickly so be sure to hide a few. They are perfect any time of the year.
I love the name of your brownies. I also love how streamlined your brownie recipe is. Some of the ones I’ve seen lately have a huge list of ingredients.
Thanks so much for the compliment. I hope you enjoy!
Your oreo brownies look amazing. SO damn good!! I just want to finish up the pan without anyone’s help. 😀
Thanks Katerina. Can’t go wrong with anything Oreo.
Oh. My. God. These look incredible. I need to make these ASAP–and maybe (just maybe) I’ll share them! YUM!!
Thanks Dee Dee. They promise to disappear quickly.
These are two of my favorite things combined, yum! Definitely trying these out, my kids will LOVE them.
Thanks Emily. I’m sure your kids will thank you. ?
Oreo’s are so in right now, and I’m loving it! Can’t wait to try these!
I agree with you. Oreos are always a favorite in my home. Paired with brownies, it’s like two desserts in one.
The best combo ever!!!! Praise be the OREO & BROWNIE Combo!
Thanks Nic. Totally agree with you.
I tried this recipe, it’s really good. I will try other recipes. Thanks for the recipe.