Oreo Brownies are an easy treat that adds oreo cookies to the chocolate brownie batter. Make sure you have a full glass of milk for these bars.
Oreo cookies are a favorite in my home. It’s hard to keep them around.
No one can eat just one!
It’s no wonder Oreos are the best selling cookie in the US.
They are especially delicious when combined with chocolate brownies. The fudgy texture of the brownie along with the crunch of an Oreo makes for an especially sweet treat.
Pair it with a big glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream – heaven.
I used traditional Oreo cookies for this recipe but you really could add any flavor of Oreo cookie.
I also made my brownies from scratch.
Forget the box, these brownies are simple to make and require just one bowl. And they are so much tastier.
If your kids are like mine you better hide at least one for yourself. These Oreo brownies promise to go fast.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped Oreo cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with foil and spray the foil with cooking oil.
- In a large enough microwavable bowl, melt the chocolate and butter until the butter has melted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove the bowl from the microwave and continue to stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the sugar. Using a kitchen mixer, beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the flour and stir in half of the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and top with the remaining chopped Oreo cookies. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely. Then use the foil to lift the brownies from the pan. Cut into squares.