These moist banana muffins with a streusel topping use up extra ripe bananas you don’t want to toss and result in the softest, moist muffins.
I hate to throw away a banana just because it’s too ripe. When I have several I always throw them in the mixer and whip up a batch of my moist banana muffins with a streusel topping.
The streusel crumble oat topping is crunchy and sweet. It’s the perfect addition to a plain banana muffin.
I’ve got one kid that loves chocolate chips and the other, not so much.
So I usually make half the batch with chocolate chips and the other half without.
These moist banana muffins would be just as delicious with chopped nuts instead of chocolate.
They make a great after school snack or even a quick breakfast for those mornings when you’re rushing to get out the door.
Bananas are so healthy for you, loaded with potassium and vitamin C, and a great choice if you’re looking for a nutrient dense power food.
These muffins pack all that goodness in each morsel. I promise they will give you just the right amount of energy to keep you going.
So next time you are thinking about tossing those too-ripe bananas, think again.
Moist Banana Muffins With A Streusel Topping
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, salted
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, optional
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners. Mix together the egg, bananas, milk, melted butter and sugar using a mixer until blended. Add in the flour and baking powder until blended, being careful not to over mix. If using chocolate chips stir them in by hand.
- Fill the muffin tin with batter, filling each about 3/4 full. Mix together all the ingredients for the streusel topping including the 1/4 cup flour, oats and brown sugar and the 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the topping over each muffin and bake for 30 minutes until the muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and not gooey.
- Allow the muffins to cool before serving.