Enjoy this classic French dessert. These peach tarts with goat cheese and honey showcase sweet peaches that caramelize beautifully and pair deliciously with warm goat cheese.
It’s the height of summertime and that means fresh peaches are in season.
I was looking for an original recipe other than a peach cobbler or peach melba.
We love to eat fresh fruit in the summertime especially when ripe peaches, black cherries and nectarines are available at the farmer’s market.
I’m a big stone fruit fan particularly when they are baked or grilled.
I wanted an easy recipe for a delicious summer dessert with simple ingredients.
I thought about a peach crisp with vanilla ice cream or a peach clafoutis recipe.
But wanted something a bit unique.
This peach tart recipe was born.
So delicious and no need for a scoop of ice cream because the warm goat cheese and honey is the topping of choice.
The juicy peaches caramelize beautifully and pair deliciously with the warm goat cheese.
I drizzled sweet summer honey purchased from a local beekeeper over each French pastry tart.
What a difference fresh honey from the farm market makes compared to the store-bought stuff.
I got my inspiration for this rustic French dessert recipe from a local bakery in my town.
There they offer all sorts of desserts including peach galette, cherry clafoutis and other traditional French dessert assortments.
I wanted a special dessert that I could serve for a dinner party using seasonal fruit and these easy peach tarts were a hit.
June is peach season!
I had 25 pounds of peaches from the Georgia Peach Truck and while I love to just bite into peaches as my favorite summer fruit, I needed a quick dessert to use up some of these sweet peaches before they turned.
The peaches are mouth watering and I personally think they are the best peaches in the United States and easy to order.
Don’t settle for mushy peaches from the store.
I’ve created a few other delicious peach recipes that I enjoy all summer long including an Elderflower Sangria, Grilled Shrimp and Peach Salad and an easy Peach Crostini.
What you’ll need to make these peach tarts
Here is what you’ll need for your ingredient list.
- Puff pastry. Pick up a premade puff pastry crust from the frozen food aisle of your local grocery store. I always have a crust on hand in the freezer for easy dessert options.
- Peaches. Ordering from a business that specializes in delicious, juicy peaches takes the risk if mushy, bland peaches. I always order from the Peach Truck and split the bushel with my sister in law.
- Goat cheese. Pick up fresh goat cheese from the specialty cheese aisle of your grocery store. Goat cheese comes plain or in several different flavor combinations. Select the option that sounds most delicious to you.
- Sugar. I stick to plain white granular sugar, but monkfruit sugar substitute is another favorite sugar of mine with NO SUGAR.
- Honey. Local honey tastes so much better than the store bought stuff. Pick up a container at the local farmer’s market.
- Fresh cracked pepper. Use a pepper grinder for that ability to choose how coarse you want to sprinkle on top of each tart.
- Parchment paper. This makes clean up super easy.
How to make these French Peach Tarts
First you’ll want to purchase a puff pastry crust and allow it to thaw.
Next, cut the pastry into squares and press the tines of a fork along the edges to create a uniform look.
Place the cut squares onto a baking sheet and add the sliced peaches, a dollop of creamy goat cheese and a bit of sugar.
Bake the tarts until the crusts are golden brown and peaches are soft.
Drizzle each dessert with honey and sprinkle with fresh cracked pepper.
Allow the tarts to cool and serve them at room temperature.
Scroll down for the full recipe.
Variations for this recipe
This recipe is so easy and simple to make and can be made with any number of substitutions if desired. Try one of these flavor combinations.
Pears and goat cheese tarts. This is a delicious flavor combination that lends to sweet or savory. I like to sprinkle fresh rosemary and honey on top.
Peaches and blueberries. These fruits pair consistently together. Use mascarpone and garnish with fresh mint.
Cherries and ricotta tarts. Drizzle aged balsamic vinegar and fresh basil on top.
Cherries, goat cheese and almonds. Add honey to the goat cheese and sprinkle these tarts with toasted almond slices.
Plums and ricotta. Plums seem to be a forgotten fruit but in our house they are a favorite.
Peach tarts are perfect for parties
This recipe would make a perfect appetizer or dessert for any party.
Also lovely served for Easter or a summer bridal shower.
And leftovers would be delicious for breakfast.
I’m thinking when fall rolls around these tarts would be delicious with brie and sweet pears.
Hmmm… I’m already thinking ahead.
Loves these peach tarts. Try these other sweet desserts!
- Cherry & Honey Ricotta Tart
- Pear Tart with Goat Cheese, Rosemary & Honey
- Rustic Apple Crumble Tart
- Apple Strawberry Galette Recipe
- Peach Trifle with Fresh Blueberries
- Easy Peach Pie with Blueberries and Strawberries
If you love this recipe, please leave a comment with a five-star rating. Be sure to follow HOME & PLATE on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all the latest content, recipes and updates.
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Easy French Peach Dessert Tarts Recipe
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 peaches, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sheet of thawed puff pastry into 10 (2-inch) squares and crimp the edges with the tines of a fork.
- Place the squares on the cookie sheet. Spread a dollop of goat cheese onto each square and arrange 2 to 3 peach slices on top.
- Top each tart with a sprinkle of sugar and bake for 15 minutes until the pastries are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then drizzle honey and cracked pepper over each tart.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
23 thoughts on “Easy French Peach Dessert Tarts Recipe”
Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous Ali! Makes me want to eat one of those tarts right now!
Thank you Elysia. These peach tart were such a special treat. I served them up to the neighbors who came running back for more.
Goat cheese and honey, perfection on their own!! But add in that pastry and those peaches and it’s even better!
Thanks Kim. They promise to always be a hit. Enjoy!
Oh how delicious Ali! I love these gorgeous tarts!
Thanks so much Allie. Peach perfection.
This recipe looks absolutely delightful and perfect for a lazy August night out on the patio!
The sweet peaches paired with the tangy goat cheese sounds sinful. I’ll be making this soon as I already have all the ingredients-SCORE!
I promise they will be a hit. Thanks.
These look amazing!! And easy to make in a pick of family & friends stop by!
The look delicious! What a great flavor combo. Pinned and will definitely be making them soon!!
Thanks for pinning. Hope you enjoy.
Peaches! I’m so glad I picked up some the other day – so many great recipes are coming out now. This one looks amazing! Pinning!
Oh my gosh. these are absolutely stunning! And I am a sucker for anything and everything with goat cheese. Yum!
Thanks Deseree. These are so tasty too!
Oh my! These look devine!!!
My, these look terrific!
The Old Fat Guy
Thanks. They were a hit.
I used crescent roll dough since I somehow lost the puff pastry on the way home from the store…but these were amazing anyway!
Great idea. What an easy replacement when you can’t get the puff pastry. Thanks