Peach Tarts with Goat Cheese & Honey showcases summer peaches that caramelize beautifully and pair deliciously with the warm goat cheese.
It’s the height of summertime and that means fresh peaches are in season.
I was looking for a recipe other than a cobbler or pie. Those won’t get eaten in my house. It must be the guilt.
I wanted something easy to make with simple ingredients. I found it in these sweet Peach Tarts with Goat Cheese & Honey.
The peaches caramelize beautifully and pair deliciously with the warm goat cheese.
I drizzled sweet summer honey purchased from a local beekeeper over each tart.
What a difference fresh honey from the farm market makes compared to the store-bought stuff. Absolutely delicious!
I got my inspiration for this recipe from the latest addition of Southern Living magazine.
They had several pages of recipes featuring plums, nectarines, peaches and cherries.
I had 25 pounds of peaches from the Georgia Peach Truck and the recipe for easy-to-make tarts stood out to me. I changed quite a few things.
First of all, I used peaches instead of nectarines and added goat cheese and fresh ground pepper to the recipe.
The result is a sweet and spicy pastry that tastes gourmet.
If you didn’t know any better you would think that I bought it from a French bakery.
Yes, they were that good and simple to make. That’s my kind of recipe!
This recipe would make a perfect appetizer or dessert for any party. And leftovers would be delicious for breakfast.
I’m thinking when pears are in season these tarts would be delicious with brie and sweet pears.
Hmmm… I’m already thinking ahead.
Peach Tarts with Goat Cheese & Honey
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2 peaches, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 ounces of goat cheese
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the sheet of thawed puff pastry into 10 (2-inch) squares and crimp the edges with the tines of a fork. Place the squares on the cookie sheet. Spread a dollop of goat cheese onto each square and arrange 2 to 3 peach slices on top. Top each tart with a sprinkle of sugar and bake for 15 minutes until the pastries are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes and then drizzle honey and cracked pepper over each tart.