This Peach, Tomato & Basil Salad features fresh, juicy ripe peaches, sweet red and yellow tomatoes picked fresh from the vine and fragrant basil. Isn’t this what summer is all about?
I’m all in favor of simple dishes with fresh ingredients. This Peach, Tomato & Basil Salad doesn’t get any easier.
The Georgia Peach Truck made a pit stop here in Columbus, Ohio and now I have more peaches than I know what to do with.
This is a great way to use up those peaches without spending all day in the kitchen.
Peaches and tomatoes pair wonderfully together.
A drizzle of olive oil, some fresh cracked pepper and a splash of aged balsamic vinegar, will turn a regular summer salad into something special.
What’s your favorite way to eat peaches and tomatoes?
Peach, Tomato & Basil Salad
- 3 large tomatoes, red or yellow, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 large peaches, sliced into wedges
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar, red or white
- Kosher salt and pepper
- On a platter arrange the tomato slices and peach wedges and top with the torn basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.