Go against the grain by serving this summer salad at your next get together. Pearl Couscous with Roasted Vegetables is a healthy alternative to traditional pasta salads.
Pearl couscous, also called Israeli couscous, is a pasta that is made from a grain. These mini round pearls have a unique nutty flavor and are used like rice, pasta or any other whole grain.
If you’re looking for a healthy alternative with great nutritional benefits this is the “pasta” for you.
Toss it with roasted vegetables of your choice, some dried herbs ( I used World Seasonings French Made Easy seasoning blend,) a little olive oil and lemon juice.
There is absolutely no guilt eating this delicious and healthy side salad. So serve it up. What veggies would you add to this Pearl Couscous with Roasted Vegetables?
Pearl Couscous with Roasted Vegetables
- 1 box Pearl Couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 sweet bell pepper, sliced
- One small zucchini, sliced
- One small yellow squash, sliced
- Grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Herbs de Provence
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh basil leaves
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Meanwhile add all the sliced vegetables except the tomatoes to a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of herbs and toss to coat well.
- Spread the vegetables on a foil lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes or until the vegetables have caramelized.
- Add the roasted vegetables and the prepared couscous to a serving bowl and add the sliced tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil and lemon juice and mix well. Garnish with fresh basil.