Warm up this winter with my Spiked Apple Cider recipe which features hot apple cider, spiced rum and apple flavored hot tea. Also delicious as a cold drink!
Warm up during these chilly fall nights with a hot and soothing cocktail that takes regular apple cider and kicks it up a notch.
My Spiked Apple Cider Tea came about accidentally. I decided fresh pressed hot apple cider in a mason jar would hit the spot one chilly fall evening.
I was heating up the apple cider and decided to toss in a flavored tea bag and I was surprised at how sweet and soothing this warm cup of apple cider tea tasted.
No sugar needed!
Then I got the idea of adding a little bit of spiced rum to the glass. It was quite tasty and turned out to be the perfect seasonal drink.
Can this spiked apple cider recipe be served cold?
Yes! I made a big enough pot so I refrigerated what was leftover. Chilled and served over ice this cocktail was completely transformed. “Delicious” – according to my neighbors.
I used an apple spiced tea bag but have since tried this concoction with orange and lemon flavored tea as well.
It’s just as delicious. And best of all you can leave out the rum if you want a hot drink to start your day or a way to just warm up.
I’m not a big coffee drinker so this is the perfect replacement. This cider tea sans alcohol is refreshing also poured over ice.
Other Holiday Cocktails
- Elderflower Bellinis
- Grapefruit Cranberry Elderflower Cocktail
- Sparkling Elderflower Pomegranate Spritzers
- Caramel Apple Martini
- Easy Thai Iced Coffee
Spiked Apple Cider Recipe
- 1 ounce spiced rum, optional
- 1 tea bag, apple flavored
- 1 1/2 cups fresh apple cider
- Bring the apple cider to a boil then add the teabag. After one minute remove from the heat and allow the cider to steep for five minutes. Pour the tea infused cider into a glass and add the spiced rum. Enjoy hot or chilled over ice.