Chock full of heart healthy oats, protein rich almonds and sunflower seeds, these crispy granola chocolate chip cookies are as healthy as cookies can be.
Sneak a little something healthy into the next batch of chocolate chip cookies you make.
You’ll want to make sure you pour yourself a full glass of milk to go along with these homemade crispy and crunchy granola cookies.
These granola chocolate chip cookies are buttery and crispy thin.
Store-bought granola bars and cookies are usually soft and chewy but I prefer a crispy and crunchy cookie.
My granola cookie recipe is made the way homemade should taste.
They’re supposed to be crunchy.
With simple ingredients.
What you’ll need to make these cookies
You will need fridge and pantry staples to make this recipe.
- Dry Ingredients: All purpose or white whole wheat flour, brown and granulated sugars, salt and baking soda.
- Wet ingredients: Butter, eggs, vanilla extract.
- Special ingredients: Granola and chocolate chips. Your choice of semi or dark chocolate chips.
- Non stick baking sheet, stand or hand mixer, wire cooling racks, parchment paper for easy clean up.
How to make these crispy granola cookies
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Next add together the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt to the creamed mixture.
- Slowly stir in the granola and chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball or drop by rounded spoon to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Serve these baked cookies with a glass of milk.
You can use my Homemade Maple Almond Granola or pick up a bag of healthy granola next time you do your shopping.
Most grocery stores carry a wide variety in the cereal aisle with your favorite mix-ins.
Chock full of heart healthy whole grain oats, protein rich almonds and sunflower seeds, these crispy granola cluster cookies are as healthy as cookies can be.
My kiddos like chocolate chips in their granola cookies but they are delicious with added nuts or dried fruit too.
So pour yourself a full glass of milk because you’re going to need it with these cookies. So good!
Cookie lover? More great recipes
- COCONUT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
- PERFECT SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE
- THE BEST WHITE CHOCOLATE CRANBERRY PISTACHIO COOKIES
- COPYCAT OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES
- HOW TO MAKE PECAN BUTTERBALL COOKIES
- HEALTHY PEANUT BUTTER BANANA COOKIES
- SOFT BATCH OATMEAL CARROT CAKE COOKIES
Granola Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour or whole wheat white flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Granola
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Using a hand mixer and large bowl beat together the sugars and the butter at medium speed.
- Next, add the egg and vanilla and continue to beat until fluffy, about a minute.
- Blend in the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir in by hand the granola and chocolate chips.
- Drop the cookie dough by mounted teaspoon onto a cookie sheet.
- Flatten the batter into round discs using the back of a wet spoon.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack.
- Store cookies at room temperature in an airtight container.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!