My Fluffy Caramel Almond Waffles with a Warm Cinnamon Apple Syrup will perk up your mornings with the nutty aroma of almonds and caramel.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SilkSipToSpoon #CollectiveBias
Can I use coffee creamer in my pancakes or waffles?
Perk up your mornings with the nutty aroma of almonds and caramel by swapping in coffee creamer in place of milk in your favorite pancake or waffle recipe.
My Fluffy Caramel Almond Waffles with a Warm Cinnamon Apple Syrup promise to be a family favorite and will be gobbled up quickly.
There is nothing like homemade waffles that are fluffy and sweet topped with a warm compote of cinnamon stewed apples.
I like a hot cup of coffee to start my mornings and I tend to reach for Silk Vanilla Almond Coffee Creamer to add a subtle sweetness and flavor to my regular Joe.
I’ve tried many coffee creamers but I like the fact that Silk Creamers have no cholesterol or saturated fat, are free of artificial colors and flavors, and are dairy free.
So when I was at Walmart doing my grocery shopping I noticed Silk had two new creamer flavors in the dairy section.
While Silk’s vanilla almond is my every day go-to creamer, I actually loved the caramel flavor while my husband preferred the hazelnut flavored creamer.
While making waffles one weekend morning I swapped out the milk that my recipe called for and used Silk Caramel Almond Coffee Creamer instead. The result was delicious.
Instead of using maple syrup on the waffles, I decided apples would pair really well with the nutty flavor of the almond creamer.
I added some cinnamon with a little brown sugar and water to create a homemade cinnamon apple syrup that complemented the caramel flavored waffles.
They were a hit!
If you don’t have a waffle maker this batter recipe is perfect for pancakes too.
You’ll just need the right griddle or skillet and be sure to flip the flapjacks once you start to see the bubbles and the edges start to brown.
What could be better than homemade waffles or pancake with warm apples on top to go along with a hot cup of coffee.
Fluffy Caramel Almond Waffles with a Cinnamon Apple Syrup
For the Cinnamon Apple Syrup:
- 2 Honeycrisp apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
For the waffles:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Silk Caramel Almond coffee creamer
- To create the cinnamon apple syrup, bring the brown sugar, water, cornstarch, butter and cinnamon to a boil over high heat. Allow the syrup to thicken for 1-2 minutes then reduce the heat to medium. Add the chopped apples and allow the syrup to simmer for 10 minutes or until the apples have softened.
- Allow the waffle maker to heat up according to the appliance directions. Prepare the waffle batter. Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, egg and Silk Caramel Almond coffee creamer.
- Pour enough batter onto the center of the waffle maker and cook according to the appliance directions, about 2 to 3 minutes. Once the waffles are golden brown, transfer the waffles to individual plates and top with the warm apples and syrup.