This winter salad with broccoli and squash features roasted vegetables and dried herbs and drizzled with a white balsamic vinaigrette.
Keep your New Year’s resolution in check with this Roasted Rainbow Winter Salad with Broccoli and Squash.
When the weather turns colder it’s easy to fall back to comfort foods. Well that’s okay in moderation but it’s still important to get your daily fill of fresh vegetables.
In my family, we are trying to incorporate healthy leafy greens and green veggies specifically into our daily diets. And to be honest with you it’s not easy. They are just not a family favorite. So this salad came as quite a surprise to all of us with how delicious and tasty it turned out.
By roasting the broccoli and the other veggies in the salad with some dried herbs the taste was transformed into something fabulous. We allowed the roasted vegetables to cool to room temperature so we could toss them onto fresh spinach and dress it with a homemade honey balsamic vinaigrette and creamy crumbled goat cheese.
If you don’t mind your spinach a bit wilted you can add the roasted vegetables right as they come out of the oven. This recipe makes plenty for lunch tomorrow. Delish!
Do you like roasted vegetables? Will you give the salad a try?
Roasted Rainbow Winter Salad with Broccoli and Squash
- 5- ounce bag baby spinach
- 2 cups broccoli florettes
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Herbs to Provence
- Kosher salt and pepper
For the vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, fill a bottle with olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey, salt and pepper and shake well.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a piece of aluminum foil and spray the foil with cooking spray. Arrange the broccoli, squash, red pepper and carrots on the sheet. Season with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence. Drizzle the vegetables with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and roast for 15 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the oven and allow them to cool completely.
- Fill a large salad bowl with the baby spinach, top with the cooled roasted vegetables and crumbled goat cheese. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and serve.
10 thoughts on “Roasted Rainbow Winter Salad with Broccoli and Squash”
We too are eating healthier in our house. Love this, and can’t wait to try it out!
This is my kind of salad! Perfect for a cold day like today, love the addition of the goats cheese too!
Thanks Isabella…the goat cheese is like the whipped cream on top:)
This looks so colorful and delicious…makes me want a big bowl of it right now! 🙂
So colourful and I just love roasted vegetables so this salad is my kind of salad.
It really adds great flavor roasting first. Enjoy!
I love love love winter salads. This one is my next try!
Thanks Claudia…definitely delish with the veggies roasted.