Juicy and tender ancho chile pork chops are rubbed in a spicy chile powder and seared on the stove top before being finished in the oven. All in under 30 minute.
This sponsored post is is written on behalf of OhioPork.org. All opinions are my own.
What to rub on Ancho Chile Pork Chops
I whipped together a spice mix of ancho chile powder, paprika , oregano, celery seeds and thyme. And of course lots of kosher salt.
How to cook the most tender and juiciest pork chops
What to serve along side of Ancho Chile Pork Chops
- Easy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Cornbread Pudding
- Summer Sweet Corn Salad
- Roasted Rosemary Hasselback Potatoes
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Ancho Chile Pork Chops
- 4 bone-in center cut pork loin chops 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Stir together the chili powder, oregano, paprika, celery seeds, kosher salt and thyme.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over both sides of the chops and use your fingers to add the rub. Chill the pork for at least 8 hours.
- Before cooking allow the pork to come up to room temperature, for at least a half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the cast iron skillet in the oven while it is preheating.
- Remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and place on a stove top burner over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sear one side of the pork chops for 3 minutes. After a minute reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until browned.
- Flip the pork chops and place the entire cast iron skillet in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat.
- Remove the cast-iron skillet from the oven and transfer the pork chops to a plate and allow them to rest for 5 to 6 minutes before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!