Enjoy this easy to make apple cinnamon oatmeal casserole breakfast recipe any weekend or holiday morning.
Imagine this – the smell of toasted pecans, sweet Honeycrisp apples, nutmeg and cinnamon wafting through the kitchen.
Enjoy this easy to make apple cinnamon oatmeal bake any day of the week.
My son is a huge fan of apple crisp. This apple cinnamon oatmeal bake allows him to enjoy his favorite dessert for breakfast. While it’s similar to my Honeycrisp apple crisp recipe it’s heartier.
It’s packed with protein and healthy carbs. No guilt eating this for breakfast!
I chose this bake to serve a crowd of hungry swimmers recently. I served this recipe alongside my hash brown egg bake.
Is this recipe healthy?
I needed a healthy recipe that was packed with protein and healthy carbs. This was the perfect choice.
This oatmeal bake is packed with healthy oats, sweet chunks of apple, plump juicy raisins and toasted pecans.
This breakfast bake uses everyday pantry staples. I always have oats and fresh apples on hand. So many nuts and dried fruits can be substituted for the pecans and raisins if you need to make a switch.
Can I make this casserole ahead of time?
It’s the perfect casserole to serve on a busy weekend or holiday morning. It can be made the night before and baked or reheated in the morning.
It’s simply a matter of adding the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, pouring it into a casserole pan and baking for about 45 minutes.
I like to sprinkle a few extra raisins and chopped pecans on top before serving.
Hungry for more?
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 large Honeycrisp apples, chopped (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9 x 13 inch casserole pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients including the oatmeal, pecans, raisins, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking powder and brown sugar.
- Next, add in the milk, vanilla extract and eggs. Stir well to incorporate. Finally add the chopped apples.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared casserole pan and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown. Serve.