Baked BBQ Sweet Potato Chips
Sweet and spicy, these sweet potato chips are tossed in a barbecue seasoning and baked to perfection. You’d never guess they’re healthy.
I’m a huge fan of sweet potatoes.
Not yams! But sweet potatoes. Baked until they’re soft, with a sprinkle of brown sugar and topped with marshmallows an toasted pecans.
I don’t know about you but my favorite dish at Thanksgiving is a sweet potato casserole.
And they’re so simple to make with three ingredients. They’re baked, so they’re healthy. No guilt!
Kids love them too. It’s easy to simply substitute sea salt in place of the barbecue seasoning for younger palates.
There are a few tips to follow to make sure you end up with golden brown chips instead of ones that are burnt.
- Slow and low is key when baking these chips.
- Use a knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the thinnest chips you can.
- I’ve tried baking these chips for 30 minutes at 400° and unless you’re watching your oven closely you will end up with burned chips.
- You’ll want to layer them in a single row and flip and rotate halfway through the baking cycle.
Once they are golden brown, they are ready to come out of the oven.
Enjoy them as is or make your favorite sweet potato nachos using your chips as the base.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon basic barbecue seasoning