Sweet and spicy, these sweet potato chips are tossed in a barbecue seasoning and baked to perfection. You’d never guess they’re healthy.
I’m a huge fan of sweet potatoes.
Think another root vegetable!
YES! Sweet potatoes.
Baked until they’re soft, with a sprinkle of brown sugar and topped with marshmallows an toasted pecans.
I don’t know about you but my favorite dish at Thanksgiving is a sweet potato casserole.
Do you love sweet potato fries?
I’m a huge fan.
I also love crispy sweet potato chips with a sprinkle of barbecue seasoning.
There’s nothing better on game day!
I love to serve these on Super Bowl Sunday with lots of other delicious recipes.
These BBQ chips are so simple to make with three ingredients.
They’re baked, so they’re healthy. No guilt!
Kids love them too.
It’s easy to simply substitute sea salt in place of the barbecue seasoning for younger palates.
How to make the best baked chips with BBQ seasoning
There are a few tips to follow to make sure you end up with golden brown chips instead of ones that are burnt.
- Slow and low is key when baking these chips.
- Use a knife, vegetable peeler or mandolin to slice the thinnest chips you can.
- I’ve tried baking these chips for 30 minutes at 400° and unless you’re watching your oven closely you will end up with burned chips.
- You’ll want to layer them in a single row and flip and rotate halfway through the baking cycle.
Once they are golden brown, they are ready to come out of the oven.
Enjoy them as is or make your favorite sweet potato nachos using your chips as the base.
More great game day recipes
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip (No Shredded Cheese)
- How to Make Buckeyes (Ohio’s Favorite Candy)
- Easy Homemade Beef Chili
- The Best Baked Artichoke Dip Recipe (No Cream Cheese)
Baked BBQ Sweet Potato Chips (Easy Homemade Recipe)
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon basic barbecue seasoning
- Position the oven racks to the center of the oven and then preheat the oven to 275°F.
- Slice the peeled sweet potatoes thinly and uniformly using a sharp knife and cutting board, a mandolin or vegetable peeler.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with olive oil and barbecue seasoning in a large bowl until well coated.
- Arrange the sweet potato chips in a single layer on sheet pans and bake for about one and half hours.
- Bake the chips, flipping halfway through, until they are evenly cooked.
- When they are crispy brown, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool before serving.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!