Don’t you love it when a recipe just falls together? This baked buffalo chicken nachos recipe came about accidentally. And let me tell you, these were Nacho Ordinary Nachos.
But they are now a keeper and will definitely headline any tailgate party, post game or Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
We have a BW3s or Buffalo Wild Wings local restaurant near our home and we love to drop in because it’s close by.
Their buffalo wings are always a hit as is their buffalo chicken nacho recipe.
I love the spicy chicken mixture topped with melty cheese.
There is no reason why these ultimate nachos can’t be made at home.
This copycat recipe is also easy to adjust to your liking.
We are big fans of buffalo chicken in this house and always have a bottle of sauce in reserve for game days during football season.
While nachos made with ground beef is the traditional way to serve up this Mexican appetizer, it is also delicious served with spicy buffalo chicken.
Lucky for me we always have buffalo wing sauce, fresh tomatoes, lettuce and sour cream in the fridge.
How should I bake the nachos?
I used a cast-iron skillet to layer crispy tortilla chips and cheese and warmed it up in the oven.
I have a husband who doesn’t care so much for black beans but beans would add great flavor to this recipe.
Now the cast-iron skillet really helped keep the nachos warm for a good half an hour after pulling them from the oven.
While I’ve made nachos on a baking sheet pan before, a cast-iron skillet is a great way to keep everything hot.
What order do you layer nachos
The tip to crispy and not soggy nachos is to space the layers while building.
It’s important to first layer the tortilla chips, then the grated cheese.
Add the chicken and other toppings being careful not to overcrowd.
Using a cast iron skillet also allows everything to stay hot after they come out of the oven.
Feel free to experiment with different heat levels of spicy buffalo sauce.
Chose a milder flavor of your favorite buffalo wing sauce.
Add a drizzle of ranch dressing instead of sour cream.
Use crema or queso dip and drizzle on the top of your nachos.
Chop some green onions or sprinkle blue cheese crumbles to the top of the nachos.
Use rotisserie chicken to save a step of having to bake the chicken ahead of time.
Top with homemade pico de gallo, guacamole, cilantro, jalapeño peppers or hot sauce.
Start with crunchy tortilla chips from the chip or organic section of your grocery store.
I also think adding diced celery and blue cheese dressing would also be tasty.
These nachos were a hit and my husband thinks they’ll become a game day favorite.
More buffalo chicken recipes
- Easy Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip (No Shredded Cheese)
- Buffalo Chicken Tortellini (One-Pot)
- Easy to Make Buffalo Chicken Hashbrown Casserole
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Chili (Stovetop or Slow Cooker)
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Ultimate Buffalo Wild Wings Chicken Nachos Recipe
- 1/2 bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup chopped chicken breasts, cooked
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced red onion, optional
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped lettuce
- Sour cream, pico de gallo, queso cheese, cilantro, black beans, jalapeno peppers, guacamole (Optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl mix together the chopped chicken and buffalo wing sauce and mix until completely coated.
- Fill the bottom of a cast-iron skillet with at least half a bag of tortilla chips. Sprinkle with shredded cheese, then layer the chicken and red onion on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the cheddar cheese has melted.
- Remove the cast-iron skillet from the oven and add on the chopped lettuce and tomatoes.
- Add a dollop of sour cream to the center of the nachos as well as any other toppings of your choice and serve hot.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!