This easy baked skillet pasta recipe features the flavors of pork sausage and fennel in a red wine ragu. It’s cheesy, meaty and delicious and can be on your table in under an hour.
This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
This pasta skillet bake is perfect for a weeknight dinner and as we head into winter is delicious comfort food.
I’ve been adding more one-pan meals and skillet bakes to my dinner rotation. They are quick and easy to make with everyday pantry staples.
For this recipe I used my cast-iron skillet, but a casserole pan would work fine too.
How to Make a Skillet Pasta Bake
While the pasta was simmering, I browned spicy pork sausage, added onion, chopped Bella mushrooms and diced sweet red pepper.
I chose a smaller macaroni-style noodle from the HemisFares pasta line called orecchiette and paired it with HemisFares Find No. 20 – Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine Pasta Sauce.
I used two jars of the sauce because we like our pasta saucy and then added the cheese mixture on top.
I was intrigued by the description of the sauce, “a classic sofritto of garlic and onions is the base for this rich sauce, and enhanced by pork, fennel and Barolo wine.”
I topped the entire pasta bake with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and baked the dish for about 30 minutes.
The result was a cheesy, spicy and sweet Italian dinner.
Doesn’t this look absolutely delicious!
I have become a big fan. Their products remind me of my visit to Italy years ago. The best part for me was the food.
How lucky am I that my local Kroger lets me explore Italian cuisine all over again?
WANT TO TRY THIS BAKED SKILLET PASTA WITH AN EASY SAUSAGE RAGU?
PIN THEM TO YOUR PASTA BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Baked Skillet Pasta with an Easy Sausage Ragu
- 1 24-ounce jar HemisFares Sugo alla Materana com Barolo (Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine Pasta Sauce)
- 1 12-ounce bag HemisFares Orecchiette
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Boil the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Brown the sausage in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, sweet red pepper and mushrooms until softened.
- Stir in the orecchiette and pasta sauce and mix well to coat the pasta.
- Mix together the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and spread evenly over the pasta. Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has browned and is bubbly.
- Allow the cast-iron skillet to cool for five minutes before serving.