This easy baked skillet pasta recipe features the flavors of pork sausage and fennel in a red wine ragu. It’s cheesy, meaty and delicious and can be on your table in under an hour.
This is a sponsored post for HemisFares™ brand that is available exclusively at Kroger family of stores. All opinions are honest and 100% my own.
This pasta skillet bake is perfect for a weeknight dinner and as we head into winter is delicious comfort food.
I’ve been adding more one-pan meals and skillet bakes to my dinner rotation. They are quick and easy to make with everyday pantry staples.
For this recipe I used my cast-iron skillet, but a casserole pan would work fine too.
How to Make a Skillet Pasta Bake
While the pasta was simmering, I browned spicy pork sausage, added onion, chopped Bella mushrooms and diced sweet red pepper.
I chose a smaller macaroni-style noodle from the HemisFares pasta line called orecchiette and paired it with HemisFares Find No. 20 – Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine Pasta Sauce.
Two jars of the sauce is plenty. We like our pasta saucy and then added the cheese mixture on top.
I was intrigued by the description of the sauce, “a classic sofritto of garlic and onions is the base for this rich sauce, and enhanced by pork, fennel and Barolo wine.”
I topped the entire pasta bake with ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and baked the dish for about 30 minutes.
The result was a cheesy, spicy and sweet Italian dinner.
Doesn’t this look absolutely delicious!
I have become a big fan. Their products remind me of my visit to Italy years ago. The best part for me was the food.
How lucky am I that my local Kroger lets me explore Italian cuisine all over again?
Want to experience Italy? For more information on HemisFares you can check out the website HemisFaresFinds.com or Facebook.com/Hemisfares.
Baked Skillet Pasta with an Easy Sausage Ragu
- 1 24-ounce jar HemisFares Sugo alla Materana com Barolo (Sausage and Fennel Ragu with Barolo Wine Pasta Sauce)
- 1 12-ounce bag HemisFares Orecchiette
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1 cup Bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Boil the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Brown the sausage in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, sweet red pepper and mushrooms until softened.
- Stir in the orecchiette and pasta sauce and mix well to coat the pasta.
- Mix together the ricotta and mozzarella cheeses and spread evenly over the pasta. Transfer the cast-iron skillet to the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has browned and is bubbly.
- Allow the cast-iron skillet to cool for five minutes before serving.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!