Sauteed shrimp with squash noodles is an weeknight meal that uses spiraled vegetables and pasta for a easy dinner in under 30 minutes!
As we get older we could all use less carbs.
I love a big bowl of pasta filled with fresh vegetables, flavored with basil pesto and sautéed shrimp.
But I could do with more veggies and less pasta.
So I swapped out half of the pasta for spiralized veggies in this delicious shrimp and pasta recipe.
It’s a healthy tasty meal that is my new favorite way to eat my veggies!
Spiralized vegetables are the hot trend right now.
Fresh zucchinis, carrots and squash are easy to turn into zoodles, thin noodles made with vegetables.
This post contains amazon affiliate advertising program links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amazon has plenty of different veggie spiralizers but I found mine at the grocery store.
It works so much better than a julienne peeler or vegetable peeler.
I wanted something that would fit in a drawer and wouldn’t require being pulled out onto the countertop.
The fewer contraptions the better.
I’ve listed a few spiralizer suggestions below the recipe card.
Once you are able to spiral zucchini, squash and other veggies into zoodle form, they are easy to sauté and cook in no time.
And they add incredible flavor to just about any recipe.
I promise the whole family with love this healthy shrimp scampi recipe.
I added sautéed shrimp and a dollop of basil pesto to amp up the flavor of this dish.
HOW DO I COOK THE ZOODLES?
The trick is to not overcook the vegetables.
Nobody likes mushy veggies! I prefer them crisp with a bite.
Less than five minutes in the pan.
This dinner pulls together in under 30 minutes.
I usually spiralize the veggie noodles ahead of time and purchase large shrimp already peeled and deveined.
The hardest part is making the spaghetti.
So next time you’re craving pasta, trim the carbs and add squash or zucchini pasta.
More Delicious Recipes with Summer Squash
- Easy Cheesy Chicken with Zucchini, Spinach and Squash
- Easy Pearl Couscous with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
- Roasted Provencal Vegetables
- Easy Baked Stuffed Zucchini Boats Recipe
Easy Shrimp Scampi with Summer Squash Noodles
- 1/4 pound spaghetti, cooked (1/4 of the box)
- 1 yellow squash noodles, spiralized
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 4 Campari or cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Prepare the pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve one cup of the pasta water then drain and set aside.Add the butter and the olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper and let the shrimp cook for 3-4 minutes a side, until pink. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Place the squash, carrots, and red pepper in the pan and sauté the spiralized vegetables for about three minutes cooking time to soften. Add the tomatoes to the pan and cook for one more minute.
- Add in the pasta, pasta water and the basil pesto. Toss until the sauce has loosened and the noodles and veggies are well coated.
- Add in the shrimp, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garnish with fresh basil or fresh parsley as a finishing touch and serve.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!