This tangy beef kebabs marinade is Korean inspired and perfect for any grilled meat on the barbecue.
Summer calls for food grilled on sticks and this beef kababs marinade recipe is easy yet so flavorful.
Marinating beef gives these kebabs tons of flavor while also tenderizing the meat. The result is juicy and delicious steak that pairs perfectly with anything off the grill. It’s great with all beef and also great using chicken.
What kind of meat should I use for a beef kababs marinade
Any cut of beef works for this recipe but my favorite is filet mignon.
While it can be pricey for skewers, it’s ideal when you purchase a whole tenderloin and use the tips. Save the steaks for another night.
Otherwise, beef sirloin cut into 1-inch chunks, ribeye, skirt steak and flank steak are other great options.
How long should I marinate beef
Marinate the beef for at least 30 minutes. But keep in mind that the longer you marinate the meat, the more flavor you will impart.
This marinade is also perfect for full cuts of beef if you prefer to skip the skewers.
I prefer metal skewers, but wooden skewers are just as easy and you can find them at the grocery store. Just remember to soak them for 30 minutes in water beforehand so they don’t burn during grilling.
These beef skewers take about 2 to 3 minutes per side on the grill and are an easy dinner that can be ready in about 30 minutes.
Take care not to over cook the meat. Ideally, it takes about 5 to 6 minutes to cook the beef to a temperature of medium-rare to medium.
I generally prefer to grill my beef skewers and vegetable kabobs separately because I like my vegetables cooked a little longer.
But they can be marinated and skewered together if you prefer.
Stick to vegetables that work well on the grill, including zucchini slices, onion, mushrooms and bell peppers.
Skewer the meat alternating with vegetables for best results.
Easy beef kebabs marinade
This marinade comes together quickly with ingredients you already have in your pantry and refrigerator.
Infused with soy sauce, honey and mirin, these kebabs pair perfectly with steamed rice and sliced cucumbers and red bell peppers.
Try these great grilling recipes
- Spicy grilled shrimp skewers
- Beer can chicken recipe
- Grilled swordfish with a fruit salsa
- Pork tenderloin sliders
- Easy marinated flank steak
- Grilled romaine hearts
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Beef Kababs Marinade
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds filet mignon, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Prepare wooden skewers by soaking in water for 30 minutes. Or use metal skewers.
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, mirin, water, sugar and garlic. Add the filet to the bowl and toss to coat well.
- Transfer the meat and marinade to a zip lock bag and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium high. Thread the beef onto the wooden or metal skewers.
- Grill the skewers for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until the beef has a good char or has grill marks
- Remove the skewers from the grill and allow the meat to rest for a few minutes before serving.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!