Fall off the bone tender and delicious, these oven braised beef short ribs are cooked in a rich gravy and are so easy to make. This short ribs recipe is sponsored by Moink. Thanks for supporting one of the brands we love.
What a wonderful surprise to arrive home to find a Moink box on my front door step. I knew I’d find the best tasting beef short ribs inside, along with plenty of other cuts of meat.
What’s a Moink Box?
It’s a delivered package of the most delicious meats you could imagine!
My husband and I recently enjoyed an evening out at a nice restaurant where braised short ribs were the chef’s special for the evening.
They were delicious, tender and meaty, and I woke up thinking about them the next day.
I knew I could re-create this classic recipe for the ideal Sunday dinner.
Inside my Moink box were six of the thickest and meatiest bone-in short ribs and all I needed was my Dutch oven and a few hours on a Sunday afternoon.
Are braised beef short ribs easy to make?
Yes! What seems like something you’d order in a fancy restaurant is actually so easy to make at home.
How do you make braised beef short ribs?
These beef ribs are dredged in flour then seared in a Dutch oven or oven-safe pot before transferring to the oven to braise in a beefy red wine marinade.
A few key ingredients including beef broth, red wine and Worchestershire sauce, flavor the meat and transform these ribs into fall-off-the-bone deliciousness.
Create your dinner with Moink
Thanks to Moink, I can plan and create my next dinner recipe and luckily, I’ve got lots of delicious options to choose from.
Their meats are exceptionally delicious. That’s because Moink uses no antibiotics, no growth hormones, no nitrates, no GMO grains, no sugar in their bacon or breakfast sausage, and no solutions added to their chicken.
There is nothing better than quality, ethically-sourced meat straight from the farm. The beef and lamb are grass fed and the chicken, beef, lamb and pork are pasture-raised. The fish is sustainably wild-caught in Alaska.
It’s the perfect choice if you want to put a healthy, high-protein dinner on the table and it’s also great if you follow a Paleo, Whole30 or Keto diet.
Ethically sourced, exceptionally tasting meat is delivered to your doorstep by Moink, an online meat delivery service.
The boxes are completely customizable and Moink makes a great gift any time of the year.
Choose from one of four Moink boxes and tailor from there. I started with the beef, chicken and salmon box and placed a few substitutions.
And above all, my Moink box was delivered for free to my doorstep.
I was like a kid on Christmas unpacking the box. Inside was 13 – 16 pounds of meat, including sockeye salmon, bone-in short ribs, boneless skinless chicken breasts, several filet mignon, ground beef, flank steak and thick cut bacon.
The short ribs were calling my name first, and I’m pretty sure the salmon is next on my dinner calendar.
What should I serve with beef short ribs?
Cheesy grits or mashed potatoes are naturally complementary. But, don’t forget a salad or vegetable side dish. Here are my favorites:
Order a Moink box by January 24 and get free bacon for life!
How to order your Moink box
If you’d like to order your own Moink Box be sure to do so by January 24 to get free bacon for life. Otherwise, use my discount code “homeandplate” at any time during 2019 to get $20 off of your first order!
Shipping is free, plus you can sign up for Moink’s newsletter to receive more special offers, the latest news and an inside-look at their farms.
Braised Beef Short Ribs
- 6 beef short ribs
- 3 cups of beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2-3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sprig of rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper and dredge all sides in the flour. Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Sear all sides of the ribs until they are evenly browned, about eight minutes. Transfer the ribs to a platter.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion, garlic and carrots and cook until the vegetables have softened, about 7 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes then add the red wine. Use a wooden spoon to scrape the caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan and allow the wine to reduce for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Next add in the beef broth and return the short ribs to the pot submerging them in the liquid. Bring to a simmer, then cover and transfer the pot to the oven.
- The short ribs will braise in the oven for about three hours. Once the meat is tender and almost falling off the bone, remove the ribs from the pot and transfer them to a large plate.
- Serve the ribs over cheesy grits or mashed potatoes and spoon the gravy on top.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!