Enjoy this easy cheesy one pot buffalo chicken tortellini with chunks of tender chicken tossed in a creamy, buffalo Alfredo sauce.
How to make buffalo chicken tortellini
Should I mix tortellini with the buffalo sauce?
Ingredients for this family favorite:
- Tortellini. I prefer to use refrigerated tortellini pasta rather than frozen. The pasta is fresh and the cook time is quick.
- Chicken. If you don’t have time to cook the chicken head of time, grab a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.
- Buffalo sauce. We love Franks. Or make your own.
- Parmesan. Fresh grated Parmesan cheese can usually be found in the deli or dairy department.
- Cream. You will need half a cup of heavy or whipping cream.
- Butter. Stick with butter instead of margarine for this recipe.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
One Pot Buffalo Chicken Tortellini
- 1 pack 20-ounce cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook the tortellini in a medium pot according to the package directions. Drain the pasta.
- Add the cream, Parmesan cheese and butter to the pot and mix well until the butter has melted and the sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in the buffalo sauce and cooked chicken.
- Return the pasta to the pot and toss until well coated. Simmer for 2–3 minutes before serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!