A simple lemon and red peppers flake marinade for chicken tenders and this chargrilled lemon garlic chicken is on the dinner in about an hour.
Need an easy chicken dinner that grills up in a snap and is tender and juicy?
Winner, winner – Chargrilled Lemon Garlic Chicken is for dinner.
How many times have you grilled chicken only for it to end up dry and flavorless?
Not this recipe. Follow these simple steps for juicy chicken that’s full of flavor.
This marinade uses simple ingredients that you can easily find in your fridge and pantry. Olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little parsley and garlic is all you need.
I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts sliced into cutlets or tenders for this recipe because the thicker the chicken breast the longer it takes to marinate.
Cutlets and tenders marinate quicker and the flavor really penetrates the chicken. A hour is all you need.
Don’t marinade it any longer because you don’t want it to “cook” from the lemon juice before chargrilling.
Chargrilled Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 chicken breast, sliced lengthwise into cutlets or tenders
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts on the horizontal to make 8 chicken cutlets. Arrange the cutlets in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the chicken cutlets. Let the chicken marinate for an hour.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat. Grill each chicken cutlet for about 3 to 4 minutes a side or until chicken is cooked and the juices run clear.