A simple lemon and red peppers flake marinade for chicken tenders and this lemon garlic chargrilled chicken is on the dinner in about an hour.
Need an easy chicken breast recipe that grills up in a snap and is tender and juicy?
Winner, winner – Chargrilled Chicken is for dinner.
Summer is prime grilling season and we love to experiment with chicken recipes on the gas grill, charcoal grill and smoker.
How many times have you been grilling chicken only for it to end up dry and flavorless?
Not this one. It’s become a favorite chicken recipe in my family.
Next time you are wondering what to have for dinner try this chicken dish.
It uses the best chicken marinade recipe that is made with easy every day ingredients.
Follow these simple steps for juicy chicken that’s full of flavor.
This is one of the best marinades because it uses simple ingredients that you can easily find in your fridge and pantry.
Olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a little parsley and garlic is all you need.
I like to use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into cutlets or tenders for this recipe because the thicker the chicken breast the longer it takes to marinate.
I also like to use this flavorful marinade on chicken thighs, tenders and chicken wings.
Cutlets and tenders marinate quicker and the flavor really penetrates the chicken.
A hour in a ziptop bag is all you need.
The marinade ingredients are simply a bit of oil, red pepper flakes, fresh garlic, fresh herbs and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
Don’t marinade it any longer because you don’t want it to “cook” from the lemon juice before chargrilling.
How to grill the best grilled chicken
Preheat the grill to medium heat.
After the chicken has marinated, place chicken on the grill grates for a cooking time of 4 minutes each side.
The tenders should have nice grill marks on each side. Remove to a plate and let the chicken rest before serving.
Any leftover chicken is delicious tossed in a salad or used for a chicken caprese sandwich.
See the full recipe card below.
Side Dishes for this chargrilled chicken
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy Chargrilled Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise into cutlets or tenders
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- A handful of parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts on the horizontal to make 8 chicken cutlets. Arrange the chicken pieces in a baking dish or ziptop bag.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, pepper flakes, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the chicken cutlets. Let the chicken marinate for an hour.
- Fire up the outdoor grill to medium heat. Grill each chicken cutlet for about 3 to 4 minutes a side or until chicken is cooked and the juices run clear.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!