Enjoy summer’s citrusy sweet cherry tomatoes as the highlight ingredient on this chicken BLT flatbread pizza.
Grilled chicken, sweet cherry tomatoes, crispy pancetta bacon and peppery arugula are layered on top of roasted red pepper flavored goat cheese. The stonefire pizza crust is crispy and delicious.
Can’t you just taste it now?
My cherry tomatoes were sweet, sugary and prolific this year. It was a good year for tomatoes. I swear I picked a good two cups of the sweet fruit in just a matter of minutes.
I’ve been waiting for the height of summer to get here. It’s here and I just you can’t help popping a few in my mouth as I’m picking.
There’s nothing like it when you grow your own. I planted cherry tomatoes on my back patio in a whiskey barrel.
I also have fresh herbs like basil and rosemary nestled alongside. It’s nice to be able to pluck off what you need when you need the freshest ingredients.
I knew I wanted to use cherry tomatoes featured on a flatbread pizza. I thought roasting the tomatoes along side squash and zucchini would be delicious but my husband wanted something with a little more bite.
That’s where the chicken and crispy pancetta stepped in. This chicken BLT flatbread would make a great appetizer for any game day, party or dinner.
And it literally took less than 30 minutes to make. It’s a easy and quick dinner when you got places to be and kids to shuffle.
I’m a big fan of pizza especially the gourmet make-it-yourself variety loaded with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables.
For this flatbread pizza I grilled the chicken and fried the pancetta ahead of time. I spread the goat cheese over the crust, topped with the chicken and pancetta and roasted until the cherry tomatoes blistered. Then I added fresh arugula and drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Slice it up anyway you’d like and serve!
Hungry for more?
Chicken BLT Flatbread
- 4 ounces spreadable roasted red pepper flavored goat cheese
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces cooked pancetta
- 1 cup arugula
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive oil
- 1 square flatbread pizza crust, from the bakery or deli aisle
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grill or bake the chicken breast or use rotisserie chicken. Fry up the pancetta until just crispy and transfer it to a paper towel lined plate.
- Top the flatbread pizza crust with the spreadable goat cheese. Layer the crust with the grilled chicken, tomatoes and cooked pancetta.
- Place the flatbread pizza directly on the oven rack and cook for 8-10 minutes. Just before the crust finishes browning, add the arugula and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 3 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and slice into triangles or squares.