Get dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this easy chicken and wild mushroom fettuccine alfredo recipe featuring sautéed gourmet wild mushrooms, crispy bacon and rotisserie chicken in a creamy alfredo sauce.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FamilyPastaTime #CollectiveBias
The kids are back in school, the weather is turning cooler and we are busier than ever. Getting a delicious dinner on the table can be a challenge but it doesn’t have to be.
If you have 30 minutes, you can whip up a restaurant-worthy dinner of creamy fettuccine alfredo with hearty mushrooms and juicy chicken. And everything is better with bacon. Right?
I promise even the pickiest eaters will scarf this down.
I love Barilla® products. It is the only boxed pasta I use and feed my family.
It’s easy to get creative with pasta using fresh seasonal vegetables and all kinds of meats, poultry and fish.
Sometimes on Sundays I’ll grill extra chicken breasts to use during the week.
Otherwise I’ll pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and shred the meat. It makes putting together this pasta dish super easy.
My grocery store has a gourmet mushroom blend that is delicious paired with pasta. These mushrooms are hearty and earthy. If you can’t find the gourmet blend you can use portobello, shiitake or cremini mushrooms. Be sure to check out my recipe using Barilla® Campanelle pasta with chicken and asparagus, another quick and easy pasta recipe.
During the work week or school night, pasta is the perfect dinner. My time is precious and I am busy. Barilla pasta allows us to sit down at the table for dinner as a family. I don’t spend all evening in the kitchen preparing dinner. Nope, with Barilla, it’s on the table in under 30 minutes. That’s my kind of dinner!
What kind of pasta should I use for this recipe?
Now I’m a bit partial because all I will use is Barilla. I typically purchase my favorite pasta in the Classic Blue Box. But if you prefer gluten-free pasta, there’s a box for that. Whole grain – there’s a box for that. Veggie made pasta – you get the idea!
What kind of Barilla pasta do you love? Let me know how you like to cook up Barilla pasta for a quick and easy meal in the comments below.
Hungry for more?
Chicken & Wild Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 box Barilla® Fettuccine
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 pound gourmet wild mushrooms
- 6-8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine according to the box directions. Then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel and drain the bacon fat from the pan. Add the wild mushrooms to the pan and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes, until tender. The mushrooms will take on the flavor of the remnant bacon fat and add incredible flavor to your recipe.
- Once the mushrooms have finished cooking, transfer them to a bowl along with the bacon. Melt the butter in the pan and add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir constantly and adjust the heat if necessary. Season your alfredo sauce with fresh ground pepper.
- Once your alfredo sauce is creamy, return the chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the pan and mix well.
- Top each bowl of pasta with fresh Parmesan cheese.