Get dinner on the table in 30 minutes with this easy chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe featuring sautéed gourmet wild mushrooms, crispy bacon and rotisserie chicken in a creamy alfredo sauce.
The kids are back in school, the weather is turning cooler and we are busier than ever.
Getting a delicious dinner on the table can be a challenge but it doesn’t have to be.
If you have 30 minutes, you can whip up a restaurant-worthy dinner of creamy fettuccine alfredo with hearty mushrooms and juicy chicken.
And everything is better with bacon. Right?
I promise even the pickiest eaters will scarf this down.
It’s easy to get creative with pasta using fresh seasonal vegetables and all kinds of meats, poultry and fish.
Sometimes on Sundays I’ll season chicken breasts and grill them to use later during the week.
Otherwise I’ll pick up a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store and chop the meat.
It makes putting together this family favorite dish super easy.
My grocery store has a gourmet mushroom blend that is delicious paired with pasta.
These mushrooms are hearty and earthy.
If you can’t find the gourmet blend you can use Portobello, shiitake or cremini mushrooms.
Be sure to check out my recipe using Campanelle pasta with chicken and asparagus, another quick and easy pasta recipe.
During the work week or school night, pasta is the perfect dinner. My time is precious and I am busy.
This delicious recipe allows us to sit down at the table for dinner as a family.
I don’t spend all evening in the kitchen preparing dinner.
Nope, with this chicken alfredo recipe, it’s on the table in under 30 minutes.
That’s my kind of dinner!
What kind of pasta should I use for this chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe?
Now I’m a bit partial because my favorite brand of pasta is Barilla.
I can always find what I need in the pasta aisle at my local grocery store.
But I have started to branch out to other types of pasta as well. If you prefer gluten-free pasta, they make that now.
Whole grain – there’s a box for that.
Veggie made pasta – you get the idea!
Prefer to use angel hair or penne, go for it!
This is a great recipe no matter the kind of pasta.
How to make this easy recipe
Cook the pasta according to the package directions, then drain the cooked pasta and set aside.
Slice pieces of chicken into easy to eat pieces and set aside.
Fry the bacon on medium high heat in a large skillet and then add then the mushrooms and cook until sautéed. Then set aside while preparing the homemade creamy sauce.
Melt 8 tablespoons of the butter, about 1/2 cup, then add in the fresh garlic, cream and Parmesan cheese.
When the homemade alfredo sauce has thickened, return the mushroom and chicken mixture as well as the pasta to the pan and coat well.
Season with kosher salt and black or white cracked pepper and serve.
What side dishes to serve with this chicken fettuccine alfredo recipe
TOMATO ARUGULA SALAD
TOMATOES CAPRESE SALAD
WATERMELON ARUGULA SALAD
BREAD DIP WITH OLIVE OIL AND SUN DRIED TOMATOES
If you love this recipe, please leave a comment with a five-star rating. Be sure to follow HOME & PLATE on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST for all the latest content, recipes and updates.
Remember to subscribe to HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER to get the latest recipes delivered directly to your inbox!
Chicken Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo
- 1 box fettuccine
- 1 rotisserie chicken, chopped or sliced
- 1 pound gourmet wild mushrooms
- 6-8 slices bacon, chopped and cooked
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cracked black pepper and kosher salt
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the fettuccine in a large pot of water until al dente or according to the package instructions. Then drain pasta water and set aside.
- Meanwhile fry the bacon in a medium saucepan or large skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon to a paper towel and drain the bacon fat from the pan. Add the wild mushrooms to the pan and sauté for about 6 to 7 minutes, until tender. The mushrooms will take on the flavor of the remnant bacon fat and add incredible flavor to your recipe.
- Once the mushrooms have finished cooking, transfer them to a small bowl along with the bacon. Over medium heat, melt the butter in the pan and add garlic, heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir constantly and adjust the heat if necessary. Season the creamy white sauce with fresh ground pepper.
- Once your alfredo sauce is creamy, return the sliced chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the pan and mix well.
- Top each bowl of fettuccine pasta with fresh Parmesan cheese and kosher salt and pepper.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
10 thoughts on “Easy Chicken & Mushroom Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe”
Oh this looks soooo creamy! I’d have to skip the meat, but would happily take more mushrooms and more of that gorgeous creamy sauce!
Thanks Becca. This is such an easy dinner when you’re squeezed for time. I love it with just mushrooms too.
This looks so good! I love the bacon chicken combo in pasta, and the fact that this is so quick and easy is a total bonus. Looks like just the perfect weeknight meal.
Tracy I’m all about quick and easy. And this Barilla pasta recipe works perfectly for any day during the week.
Deil rotisserie chicken saves so much time I love to use them in a pinch for sure!
Thanks so much Sandi. Rotisserie chicken is a great shortcut when you need a meal quick.
This sounds phenomenal and I love using those rotisserie chickens! Great idea!
Thanks Amy. Rotisserie chicken is a great shortcut when you need baked chicken. I use it all the time. Thanks for visiting and I hope you get this pasta recipe a try.
I love quick dinners. And anything with mushrooms in it is amazing in my book!
Me too Kate. This recipe would work great any day of the week. Hope you try it.