This Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pecan pie is kicked up a notch with a punch of bourbon and the sweetness of dark chocolate. Serve this dessert for Thanksgiving and Kentucky Derby Day!
You either love it or you hate it.
But my Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pecan is no simple pecan pie. My pie is a classic tradition for any holiday table – it’s just kicked up a notch.
Kentucky bourbon and dark chocolate are the secrets to this little piece of heaven on a plate.
It’s so indulgent you don’t need whip cream or ice cream on top.
It stands alone. There’s no need for any kind of topper.
My mother-in-law was the expert pecan pie maker in the family. She’s passed on her talent to her daughter, my sister-in-law.
And while she traditionally is assigned baking the classic pie, I decided to come up with an alternative that is slightly different.
Adding a shot of bourbon to the filling gives it a mellow flavor.
Don’t worry about the alcohol content. It evaporates during baking.
Can everyone eat this Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pecan?
Yes this pie is safe for kids!
The perfect amount of sweetness, yet crunchy and chewy like a pecan pie should be.
Brown sugar adds a dark rich caramel flavor to this pie and Grandma’s molasses gives this pie a certain distinction from other pecan pies.
Easy to make in under an hour this pie is a must for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
And of course no derby day would be complete without this sweet centerpiece.
More ideas for your holiday dinner:
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce with Apples
- Easy Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Cornbread Pudding
- Boursin Creamed Corn
- Roasted Provencal Vegetables
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER FOR FREE AND RECEIVE FRESH RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- 1 9- inch pie shell
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Jim Beam Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare the pie shell in a 9 inch pie pan. In a medium bowl, stir together well the eggs, corn syrup, brown sugar, bourbon, molasses, butter, salt and vanilla.
- Spread the chocolate chips on the bottom of the pie pan. Then add the pecans on top. Pour the filling over the pecans saving just a spoonful. Place a few whole pecan halves in the center of the pie.
- Bake the pie for 30 minutes. After that time, loosely cover the pie with aluminum foil to prevent the crust and pecans from over browning. Bake the pie for an additional 45 minutes or until the pie filling has set.
- Remove the pie from the oven and allow it to cool completely before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!