Fresh lime juice and fragrant cilantro make the perfect marinade for this grilled chicken. Whip this up for dinner any day of the week.
Celebrate summer with a pitcher of margaritas and cilantro lime marinated grilled chicken for dinner.
An easy recipe for any time of the year, this marinade adds a punch of flavor to plain old boring chicken.
Throw this on the grill and you’ll have dinner in no time. Chop it up for tacos, burritos or use it in quesadillas.
I’ve been known to cook up a whole platter full on a Sunday so we have plenty of chicken during the week.
This marinade uses simple ingredients that you can easily find in your fridge and pantry. Olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, a little cilantro and garlic is all you need.
Chicken breasts need only to marinate for about an hour to add incredible flavor. Marinate them too long and your chicken will cook from the lime juice.
What goes with Cilantro Lime Chicken?
If you are wondering about that margarita recipe, I have a few you can chose from.
Hungry for more?
Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- 4 chicken breast
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- A handful of cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper
- Arrange the chicken breasts in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, add the olive oil, lime juice, minced garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for an hour.
- Fire up the grill to medium heat. Grill each chicken breast for about 6 minutes a side or until chicken is cooked and the juices run clear.