This crunchy Chinese slaw recipe with ramen noodles is sweet and delicious and ideal for a side dish to take to your next potluck, family reunion or summer barbecue.
Toss together coleslaw, oriental Ramen noodles, green onions, almonds and sunflower seeds with a tangy and flavorful dressing for a salad that feeds a crowd.
We recently had dinner with friends where I served crabcakes and needed the perfect salad.
Then I thought a Chinese slaw recipe with ramen noodles would be delicious and tangy with our main dish.
This great side dish takes me back.
Yes … we called it Chinese coleslaw, oriental salad, Asian salad, Ramen noodle cabbage salad and ramen noodle coleslaw … you name it.
Ingredients for this Asian Ramen Salad Recipe
This Asian Ramen coleslaw recipe is easily adaptable but the basic ingredients remain the same.
- Ramen noodles
- The flavor packets for the salad dressing
- Green onions
- Sunflower seeds
- Sliced almonds
And don’t forget to save the seasoning packs from the noodles.
That’s what makes the tangy dressing!
Grab a bag of crunchy cabbage with sweet carrots or maybe broccoli slaw is more your preference.
Other ingredient options to change up this traditional salad include diced sweet red bell pepper, bean sprouts, fresh corn kernels, sugar snap peas, mandarin oranges, cranberries or pistachios.
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, this great recipe needs a drizzle of dressing and a few hours in the fridge.
This allows the Asian flavor to develop fully and for the crunchy noodles to soften slightly yet still hold their texture.
Be prepared to impress your guests. I promise they will all be asking for your recipe!
Can Ramen Noodle Salad be a main course?
Absolutely! This is one of the best salad recipes to add grilled chunks of chicken or shrimp to.
It’s already full of vegetables as a side dish and makes for an easy lunch the next day by adding in a protein.
Serve this crunchy ramen noodle salad with any of these delicious recipes
- Oven Baked Barbecue Ribs (Fall off the Bone)
- Ancho Chile Pork Chops
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Cast Iron Blackened Grouper
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy Asian Coleslaw (Chinese Ramen Noodle Salad)
- 1 bag cole slaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 3-ounce packages uncooked ramen noodles, crushed
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup canola oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles
- Place coleslaw mix in a large bowl mix together with sunflower seeds, almonds and red pepper.
- Break up the crunchy Ramen noodles in the packages into small pieces then open and add to the coleslaw mix.
- Toast almonds in the toaster oven at 350 degrees F for about 6 minutes watching carefully so they don't burn.
- Mix together in a small bowl the canola oil, sugar, vinegars and seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles.
- Pour the sweet dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss until it is evenly distributed. Refrigerate for at least an hour until serving time.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!