This crunchy ramen noodle salad is sweet and delicious and ideal for a side dish to take to any pot luck or summer barbecue.
Toss together coleslaw, oriental Ramen noodles, green onions, almonds and sunflower seeds with a tangy Oriental dressing for a salad that feeds a crowd.
We recently had dinner with friends where I served crabcakes and needed the right side dish.
My first idea was coleslaw. Then I thought Chinese coleslaw would be delicious and tangy with crabcakes.
This classic side dish takes me back. Yes … we called it Chinese coleslaw, oriental salad, Asian coleslaw, cabbage and ramen noodles … you name it.
Ingredients for a Ramen Noodle Salad
This ramen noodle salad recipe is easily adaptable but the basic ingredients remain the same.
- Ramen noodles
- Green onions
- Sunflower seeds
- Sliced almonds
And don’t forget to save the seasoning packets from the noodles.
That’s what makes the dressing!
Grab a bag of crunchy cabbage with sweet carrots or maybe broccoli slaw is more your preference.
Other ingredient options to change up this traditional salad include diced sweet red pepper, bean sprouts, fresh corn kernels, sugar snap peas, cranberries or pistachios.
Once all the ingredients are mixed together, a drizzle of dressing and a few hours in the fridge allows the flavors to develop fully and for the Ramen noodles to soften slightly yet still hold their crunch.
Be prepared to impress your guests. I promise they will all be asking for your recipe!
Serve this crunchy ramen noodle salad with any of these delicious recipes
- Oven Baked Barbecue Ribs (Fall off the Bone)
- Ancho Chile Pork Chops
- Spicy Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Cast Iron Blackened Grouper
WANT TO TRY THIS CRUNCHY RAMEN NOODLE SALAD
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD OR SUMMER BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Crunchy Ramen Noodle Salad
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 2 3-ounce packages oriental ramen noodles, crushed
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles
- In a large bowl mix together the coleslaw mix, sunflower seeds, almonds, red pepper and crushed Ramen noodles.
- Mixed together in a smaller bowl the canola oil, sugar, vinegars and seasoning packets from the Ramen noodles.
- Pour the dressing over the coleslaw mixture and toss until it is evenly distributed. Refrigerate for at least an hour until ready to serve.
What You’ll Need for this Recipe