This easy 30 Minute Chicken Marsala is my go-to dish for a midweek meal. It’s simple, hearty and delicious. Better yet, it can be whipped up in about a half an hour.
This post contains amazon affiliate links which means if you make a purchase after clicking one of those links, I will receive a small commission. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You’ll need a bottle of Marsala wine for this recipe. If you don’t have this wine in your pantry, it’s time to buy a bottle so you always have it ready to go.
Not only is it a quick dinner, but this chicken Marsala is gluten-free, low-carb and keto friendly.
What kind of Marsala wine should I buy for this recipe
Marsala wine is Italian wine that is used as the key ingredient in this recipe. There are two kinds, including sweet or dry Marsala wine. This recipe call for the use of dry Marsala, while desserts are typically made using sweet Marsala.
Head straight to the wine aisle to pick up a bottle of Marsala wine, where you can usually find a decent bottle for under $10. Stay away from the cooking wine; it doesn’t have that umami flavor you are looking for.
It’s wine! So it does contain alcohol, but it will cook out while simmering. The whole family can enjoy this for dinner.
Made with sautéed onions and mushrooms, chicken Marsala is fancy enough to serve at your next dinner party.
What does Marsala sauce taste like?
Marsala sauce is a rich Italian sauce that is packed with flavor. Sauteeing chicken and mushrooms will lend to the flavor and simmering the Marsala wine and chicken broth will reduce the sauce resulting in a savory and delicious richness.
This dish is full of flavor from the mushrooms, scallions and garlic yet sophisticated at the same time. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
How do you make Chicken Marsala from scratch?
Pick up pre-cut chicken cutlets at your grocery or slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally for this recipe.
Dredging the cutlets in flour before pan cooking will help the sauce thicken. And adding butter at the end of cooking adds a creaminess to the finished dish.
What to serve with 30 minute Chicken Marsala
BE SURE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE MONTHLY NEWSLETTER TO GET THE BEST RECIPES IN YOUR MAILBOX FOR THE SEASON – SIGN UP HERE
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Marsala
- 4 chicken breasts cutlets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves ( for garnish)
- Dredge both side of the chicken breast cutlets in flour, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan add the canola over medium heat and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and onions until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken breast cutlets and sauté for about three minutes a side. Once the chicken has browned on both sides add the chicken broth and the Marsala wine and simmer to thicken. Allow the chicken to cook for about three more minutes. Add the butter to finish the sauce.
- Serve with a side salad or plate of spaghetti or mashed potatoes. Spoon the sauce and mushrooms over the chicken. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!
Recipe creator and photographer￼
Love dogs? 🐕 🐶 Follow @retrieverandhound |
Hungry? 👇🏼Find dinner!