This easy chicken Marsala is my go-to dish for a midweek meal. It’s simple, hearty and delicious. Better yet, it can be whipped up in under 30 minutes.
You’ll need a bottle of Marsala wine for this recipe. If you don’t have this wine in your pantry, it’s time to buy a bottle so you always have it ready to go.
Not only is it a quick dinner, but this chicken Marsala is gluten-free, low-carb and keto friendly.
The key ingredient to this Italian favorite is sweet or dry Marsala wine.
It’s wine! So it does contain alcohol, but it will cook out while simmering. The whole family can enjoy this for dinner.
Made with sautéed onions and mushrooms, chicken Marsala is fancy enough to serve at your next dinner party.
Simmering the Marsala wine and chicken broth will reduce the sauce resulting in a savory and delicious richness.
Full of flavor from the mushrooms and scallions and garlic yet sophisticated at the same time. Your guests will think you spent hours in the kitchen.
Pick up pre-cut chicken cutlets at your grocery or slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally for this recipe.
Dredging the cutlets in flour before pan cooking will help the sauce thicken. And adding butter at the end of cooking adds a creaminess to the finished dish.
Want to learn how to make a this Easy 30 Minute Chicken Marsala?
Pin it to your Dinner board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Marsala
- 4 chicken breasts cutlets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced thinly
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh thyme leaves ( for garnish)
- Dredge both side of the chicken breast cutlets in flour, add salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan add the canola over medium heat and sauté the garlic, mushrooms and onions until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Next, add the chicken breast cutlets and sauté for about three minutes a side. Once the chicken has browned on both sides add the chicken broth and the Marsala wine and simmer to thicken. Allow the chicken to cook for about three more minutes. Add the butter to finish the sauce.
- Serve with a side salad or plate of spaghetti or mashed potatoes. Spoon the sauce and mushrooms over the chicken. Sprinkle with fresh thyme.
What you need for this recipe