As delicious as mom’s apple pie but easier! This easy apple crisp galette recipe is the ideal fall dessert.
What apples are best for an apple galette recipe?
Honeycrisp, hands down!
It’s apple picking time.
I don’t know about you but come September, I can’t get to the apple orchard fast enough.
The Honeycrisp apples picked right off the tree are my favorite of all apples. They are syrupy sweet, crisp and delicious and perfect for this apple galette recipe.
Nothing spells fall like pumpkins and apples. I make lots of desserts involving apples and I don’t plan to stop anytime soon.
What I love about this simple apple galette recipe is that it only requires a few ingredients and an oven.
What is a galette?
It’s a crostada. Or it’s a pie without the pan. I call it a tart. It’s a no-brainer. You can’t really mess it up.
Unlike a pie, you don’t need to go overboard. Two apples is all you need. Any more and you’ll end up with soggy crust and your filling spilling everywhere.
I cheat and use a store purchased pie crust. Puff pastry also works well. The key is to slice the apples into thin wedges and arrange them in a spiral shape.
We love apple crisp in this house so I mix together a simple crumble to go on top.
This easy dessert is also ideal for holiday gatherings. My kids always request this galette for Thanksgiving.
After all not everybody loves pumpkin pie.
Now this guy, Indy… He loves everything. And he is always willing to help out during my photo shoots.
A scoop of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of salted caramel and dessert is served.
Someone is patiently waiting for his plate.
Love apples? Enjoy more apple recipes
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY APPLE CRISP GALETTE?
PIN IT TO YOUR DESSERT OR FALL BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Easy Apple Galette Recipe
- 2 apples, thinly sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 store-bought pie crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°Prepare a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Lay out the pie crust on top of the parchment paper.
- Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture onto the piecrust and layer the apple slices on top overlapping slightly. Sprinkle the remaining oatmeal mixture on top of the apples.
- Fold up the edges of the piecrust over the apples overlapping the crust as you go and leaving the center exposed. Brush the beaten egg wash on the crust and bake the galette for 20 minutes or until the edges become golden brown.
- Remove the galette from the oven and allow it to cool. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce and top with ice cream.