It’s a classic zucchini quick bread with a twist. This loaf is bursting with the sweet taste of blueberries.
The end of summer is approaching and it’s the height of the summer harvest. The zucchini bushes are bountiful and this delicious vegetable needs to be eaten or shared.
But there’s something about classic zucchini bread that gets my family running to the kitchen. My mother-in-law always made the best homemade quick loaf. This blueberry zucchini bread recipe it’s similar but adds the sweet burst of blueberries.
Use fresh blueberries since they’re readily available during the summer months or fold them carefully into your batter if using frozen.
Shredded zucchini keeps this loaf moist and delicious. It’s also a fantastic way to sneak some vegetables into your children or spouse if they are picky eaters.
If your kids love veggies then you’re lucky.
Want to make it even healthier?
It’s easy to swap out the flour in this recipe for whole-grain or gluten-free.
It makes the perfect snack for after school or for breakfast on the go. I think it’s delicious with a hot cup of coffee.
This recipe is easy to double and freezes well. No loaf pan? Use a muffin tin and reduce the bake time by half.
WANT TO TRY THIS EASY BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI BREAD?
PIN IT TO YOUR BREAD OR BREAKFAST BOARD TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Easy Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 3/4 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen fresh or frozen
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 5 x 9 loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together. Add in the oil and continue to beat. Stir in the zucchini.
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Next add it to the wet mixture and stir well. Fold in the blueberries then pour the mixture into the loaf pan. Bake for an hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
What you’ll need to make this recipe