This buffalo chicken dip without shredded cheese is easy to reheat in the oven or microwave and stays creamy and delicious.
With only 4 ingredients, this easy buffalo chicken dip recipe is easy to make and most likely you already have these grocery staples in your pantry and fridge.
What I love most about hosting game day during football season at my house is all the amazing tailgating snacks and favorite appetizers.
There is nothing like enjoying the game while munching of traditional game day grub.
Traditional buffalo wings are a must, as well as layered bean dips, fresh veggies and plenty of potato chips and spreads.
I love a spicy buffalo chicken dip served with tortilla chips, toasted bagel chips and vegetable sticks.
Most buffalo chicken dips have some kind of shredded cheese and while it’s always cheesy and delicious, it doesn’t always taste the same after this appetizer has cooled off.
The solution is to leave it out completely unless you make it in a slow cooker or crockpot. More suggestions on variations in a minute.
Without shredded cheese on top, this easy dip recipe is easy to pop back into the microwave or oven to warm up and stir to the consistency you want without overcooked and oily cheese.
While many recipe versions have Franks hot sauce, sour cream, cream cheese and shredded chicken, some omit a necessary one to make this classic dish a winner.
I always head to the produce aisle of the grocery store to find refrigerated ranch dressing. A bit of dressing to the mixture adds to the cheesiness and texture of this creamy dip.
What you’ll need for this easy recipe
Pick up a few simple ingredients at the grocery store.
Chicken. Pick up a rotisserie chicken from the store or slow bake or boil two boneless skinless chicken breasts for tender chicken. Stay away from canned chicken because fresh just tastes better.
Ranch dressing. My favorite is Marzetti’s brand. You will use a half a cup and have plenty extra for the carrot sticks and celery sticks you serve along side the buffalo chicken dip.
Cream cheese. An 8 ounces block is what you need.
Frank’s Red Hot buffalo sauce. Grab a bottle of your favorite brand and stick to buffalo unless you like it hotter than traditional wings.
How to make this buffalo chicken dip
First cook the chicken breasts or pull the meat from a rotisserie store bought chicken.
Allow the cream cheese to come to room temperature. Otherwise, transfer the cream cheese to a microwave safe dish and soften in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Using a stand mixer or a handheld mixer and large bowl, shred the chicken on medium speed until shredded.
Mix together the chicken, cream cheese, wing sauce and ranch dressing until well combined.
Transfer the dip to an oven safe baking dish and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
This delicious appetizer reheats easily if needed.
This buffalo dip recipe will become a favorite amongst your guests. Get ready for the rave reviews!
Variations to this recipe
Make this recipe skinny by using low fat cream cheese and light ranch dressing.
Make this recipe in a crock pot on high setting for two hours and add a half a cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the recipe. Keep this dip covered so the cheese stays melted and smooth.
Top this dip with blue cheese crumbles.
Serve this dip with tortilla chips, sliced vegetables, pretzels, baguette slices, crackers or pita bread wedges.
Add more hot sauce to the top of the dish.
Can you refrigerate and reheat buffalo chicken dip?
Yes! I will store any remaining buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days. I will also make a double batch sometimes and freeze half for use at a later time. I love to add a healthy dollop of leftover dip on top of baked potatoes or inside a grilled cheese sandwich. You can make this cheesy dip ahead of time and bake it just before you need it.
More recipe ideas for your next party or tailgate
- Easy Crispy Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Nachos
- Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Cilantro Ranch Dipping Sauce – for wings & veggies
- The Best Baked Artichoke Dip Recipe (No Cream Cheese)
- Easy to Make Buffalo Chicken Hashbrown Casserole
Buffalo Chicken Dip without Shredded Cheese
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cream softened
- 1/2 bottle Marzetti Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 bottle frank’s Redhot® Buffalo Wing Sauce add more you like it saucy
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shred the chicken in a stand mixer using the paddle attachment for a few minutes.
- If needed soften the cream cheese in the microwave for about 30 seconds in a microwaveable safe bowl.
- Next, transfer the cream cheese and chicken to a large bowl and add in the ranch dressing and buffalo wing sauce.
- Stir to mix the ingredients together then transfer the dip to an oven safe baking dish.
- Bake the dip for 20 minutes in a hot oven until the dip is bubbling and hot.
- Top with scallions, chopped celery or serve plain.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!