Combine two Italian dinner favorites into one with this delicious chicken Parmesan lasagna. This recipe promises amazing flavor and cheesy goodness!
We’re big fans of flavorful baked chicken Parmesan in my house. It’s the perfect dinner for family night.
Of course no one turns down a cheesy lasagna when I pull a pan full out of the oven.
Between chicken Parmesan and good old-fashioned lasagna, it’s hard to decide what to make for dinner.
Now you can have two classic Italian favorites in one yummy dish!
My chicken Parm lasagna marries both of these comfort food favorites into one.
Chicken cutlets are crusted in Panko bread crumbs, cooked and chopped up and nestled in between layers of cheesy ricotta filling, tangy jarred or homemade marinara sauce and no-boil lasagna noodles.
Making this lasagna couldn’t be any easier. Many lasagna recipes call for up to 4 cups of ricotta cheese.
I found 2 cups to be plenty and just as cheesy and delicious.
How to make this Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
Pick up a few simple ingredients at your local grocery store. You’ll need:
Panko break crumbs
Lasagna Noodles (I love the ready noodles by Barilla pasta)
Your favorite jars of marinara
Mozzarella. Ricotta and Parmesan cheeses
How to Make this Lasagna
Prepare and cook the chicken by first dredging each piece into an egg bath followed by a covering of breadcrumbs. Fry or bake the chicken until cooked.
Combine the cheeses in a large bowl.
Prepare a lasagna pan with marinara on the bottom, followed by a layer of chicken, no boil noodles and cheese mixture.
Continue adding the noodles.
Followed by the cheesy ricotta mixture.
Add more sauce as you go. Finish with a cup of mozzarella cheese on top and bake the lasagna to cheesy deliciousness.
My family likes their pasta saucy. I used 6 cups of marinara in the recipe but I made sure we had a little extra simmering on the stove.
We like to drizzle a little extra on top.
This dish can be assembled ahead of time. Our weekdays are busy, so I used Sunday to prepare and cook the chicken.
With the chicken cubed, I was able to assemble this recipe in a matter of minutes the next day.
Can I freeze a chicken lasagna?
Yes you can freeze this dish to serve later. Simply allow the frozen dish to come to room temperature before baking.
This is a favorite recipe to bring to a potluck, a new mom or even for a holiday meal.
Delicious salads to serve with this chicken parmesan lasagna
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Easy Chicken Parmesan Lasagna Recipe
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless , sliced into 8 cutlets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 box oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 jars marinara
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- To prepare the chicken prepare two separate shallow dishes. Place the two beaten eggs into one shallow bowl and breadcrumbs into another. Dip each piece of chicken into the egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture.
- Transfer each cutlet to the hot skillet. Cook the chicken until golden brown, about four minutes per side. It may take two cycles to cook the chicken. Transfer the chicken to a platter to cool. Then chop each chicken cutlet into cubes.
- Pre heat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella and the half cup Parmesan cheese. Mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour 1 1/2 cup of marinara into the bottom of the pan. Top with three lasagna noodles. Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture followed by 2 cups of the chopped chicken and 1 1/2 cups of tomato sauce. Repeat the layers of noodles.
- For the final layer, top with three noodles, the remaining cheese mixture and the remaining sauce. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with one cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!