Buffalo chicken fingers fried to perfection and dipped into a spicy buffalo wing sauce is how you start a tailgate or game day celebration.
This crispy chicken tenders recipe requires five ingredients and takes less than 30 minutes from pan to plate.
I’m all for healthy but game day food calls for indulgence and tasty buffalo chicken tenders falls into this category.
There are plenty of baked recipes online.
But no thanks, I like my buffalo chicken tenders fried.
If you are a fan of buffalo dipped foods like what you get at Popeyes, BW3s, KFC or Roosters, this recipe is for you.
I have no interest in spending all day in the kitchen whipping up homemade buffalo sauce.
Frank’s RedHot works just fine for me.
You can find Frank’s and many other buffalo wing sauces at your local grocery store in the condiment aisle.
Now back to this easy spicy buffalo chicken fingers recipe.
Ingredients for crispy buffalo chicken tenders
Chicken tenderloins. Pick up a pack of chicken tenderloins or purchase cutlets and slice them into strips. Chicken breasts also work well sliced into strips.
Panko bread crumbs. Panko is a heavier crumb and makes for a great crispy crust.
Franks buffalo hot sauce. Or pick up a bottle of your favorite.
Canola oil. Perfect for frying chicken.
How to make buffalo tenders
Pat the chicken tenderloin pieces dry with a paper towel.
Beat the eggs in a wide bowl.
Sprinkle the Panko crumbs in a separate bowl and then dip chicken tenderloins into the egg mixture.
Next, dredge the chicken pieces into the Panko breadcrumbs and place them into a frying pan on medium heat filled with hot oil.
Fry the chicken until crispy on all sides, about 7-8 minutes.
Finally, toss the cooked strips in your favorite spicy buffalo sauce and serve with ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing and celery sticks and carrots.
This great recipe is so easy even my husband has become a pro in the kitchen on game day.
It’s one of those easy recipes the whole family can enjoy.
What to serve with buffalo chicken fingers
- Sweet potato chips
- Cilantro ranch dip
- Spinach artichoke dip
- Tomato, Fresh Mozzarella and Arugula Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Easy Asian Coleslaw (Chinese Ramen Noodle Salad)
- The Best Pasta Salad with Italian Dressing (Easy Recipe)
Buffalo Chicken Fingers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenderloins
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Pat the chicken dry. Crack the eggs in a shallow dish and beat well.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs on a separate plate or second bowl.
- Dip the each piece of chicken into the eggs, then place chicken into the panko, turning to coat well on each side.
- Heat the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat on the stove top. Cook the chicken 6 to 8 minutes total until crispy, turning once.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a paper towel or parchment paper lined plate.Fill a large resealable plastic bag ore large bowl with the buffalo sauce.
- Toss the chicken tenders in buffalo sauce of your choosing and serve.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!