Sweet maple syrup and tangy Dijon mustard make up this easy chicken dinner in a half an hour.
Are you ever in a quandary as to what to make for dinner?
I have a busy household and sometimes you want a dinner you can throw together quickly.
But it needs to be delicious and something my picky eaters will love.
Coming up with different ways to cook chicken can be challenging. We all seem to get in a rut somehow.
This recipe combines the sweet flavor of maple syrup with tangy Dijon mustard to create a chicken dish that’s like nothing you’ve ever tasted.
If my husband can gobble this down, it has to be a “winner winner chicken dinner!”
My husband is not a fan of mustard.
Not on his sandwich. Not on his burger. Nowhere!
Now I have been known to sneak it into a marinade here and there without him knowing, but with this recipe, it’s obvious from the color of the sauce that it’s in there.
The Dijon mustard contrasts with the sugary maple syrup and is transformed into a sweet and savory dish no man can say no to.
Not even my husband!
Yes he loved it and said it needs to go on our rotation.
Who said chicken was boring?
Now when choosing your ingredients it is important to remember that there just is no substitution for real maple syrup…none of the flavored corn syrup stuff.
Yes it can be pricey but it really does make pancakes and french toast taste so much better.
And while we are at it, stick to real Dijon mustard. Not the yellow stuff you put on your ball park hot dog.
You won’t be sorry 🙂
What to Serve with Maple Dijon Chicken
For this recipe I roasted petite gold gourmet potatoes in the oven for about 20 minutes then added them to the pan to finish cooking.
The oven gets them just crispy enough.
The sweet and tangy sauce compliments the potatoes and chicken deliciously. Fingerling potatoes and chopped sweet potatoes also work well.
Vegetables like roasted brussel sprouts, carrots and broccoli also taste delicious paired with maple Dijon sauce.
Want to learn how to make this Easy Maple Dijon Chicken?
Pin it to your Dinner board to save for later!
Find me on Pinterest for more recipe inspiration!
Creamy Maple Dijon Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Melt the butter and add the canola oil to a skillet over medium heat. Dredge each side of the chicken breasts in the breadcrumbs and add to the pan.
- Sauté the chicken for about three minutes each side and remove from the pan. Place the chicken in a 400 degree oven and continue to cook until the chicken is crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the chicken broth, maple syrup, garlic, thyme, Dijon mustard and apple cider vinegar.
- Add the marinade to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Allow the marinade to thicken and reduce. Plate the cooked chicken breasts and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
What you’ll need for this recipe