Are you ready to sink your teeth into one of the juiciest steaks you’ve ever had? No it’s not filet mignon! My marinated flank steak is tender, full of flavor and just melts in your mouth.
One of the most underrated cuts of meat is a favorite in my household. Usually reserved for fajitas or stir fries, flank steak is marinated and best cooked and served at medium rare temperature.
Flank steak is an inexpensive cut of meat that can feed an army. It’s perfect for entertaining and delicious served left over in salads or sandwiches.
I grew up enjoying this particular recipe – on old family favorite. My mom would serve this cut of meat on a regular basis. We loved it and we gobbled down every bite.
She would marinate the steak all day then toss it on the grill. Fourteen minutes is all it takes for seared perfection.
Thinly sliced and cut against the grain is the key to maximum tenderness. If you slice the steak any other way it will be chewy and tough.
I introduced this family favorite to my college roommate. We were invited over for dinner and I told her I would bring a flank steak. She had never had it before.
It had been marinating all day. Her kids devoured it and it has since become a family favorite. You don’t need to be an expert, master griller to serve up a great cut of meat.
We enjoy flank steak year round. When the weather outside turns chilly, the broiler is the way to go. High heat and quick cooking is the best way to cook flank steak.
Easy Marinated Flank Steak
- 1.5 - 2 pound flank steak
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Mix together all the ingredients and pour the marinade over the flank steak. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least four hours or overnight being sure to turn over the steak.
- Grill on medium heat for 7 minutes per side. Once done, be sure to let the steak rest for at least five minutes. Slice the steak into thin pieces across the grain.
What You’ll Need for the Grill