Enjoy this Elderflower sangria recipe featuring summer’s freshest fruits and elderflower liqueur.
I’m a red wine girl! It’s not very often I have a bottle of Chardonnay in my fridge.
But when I entertain I am sure to have plenty of variety on hand.
After a summer dinner party, I had almost a full bottle of Chardonnay left over.
I confess. It’s just not my favorite.
I prefer a dry rosé or a Sauvignon Blanc.
But I hate to toss a perfectly good and expensive bottle of Chardonnay.
So this white sangria recipe was born and boy was it ever delicious.
With plenty of summer’s fresh fruits in my fridge, I thought of no better way to use up that bottle of Chardonnay.
I’m a big fan of elderflower liqueur and I’ll use it in place of simple syrup any day.
It adds a wonderful floral sweetness to so many summer cocktails.
HOW TO MAKE ELDERFLOWER SANGRIA
For this sangria recipe, I grabbed a few ripe peaches, sliced some sweet strawberries and tossed in some blueberries.
I mixed together Chardonnay and elderflower syrup or liqueur and placed this cocktail in the fridge to steep for about a half an hour.
A splash of club soda or sparkling water creates a spritzer style summer sipper that is refreshing and light.
It’s perfect for entertaining. Make a pitcher for a crowd or grab a glass for a single serving.
Not a Chardonnay drinker? This sangria is delicious with Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc.
MORE COCKTAILS WITH ELDERFLOWER
- Clementine Prosecco Cocktail
- Italian Aperol Spritzers
- Silver Elderflower Margarita
- Elderflower Peartini aka French Pear Martini
- Grapefruit Cranberry Elderflower Cocktail
If you try a recipe, please use the hashtag #HOMEANDPLATE on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW HOME & PLATE ON FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST FOR ALL OF THE LATEST CONTENT, RECIPES AND UPDATES.
REMEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE TO HOME & PLATE NEWSLETTER TO RECEIVE NEW RECIPE NOTIFICATIONS DELIVERED INTO YOUR INBOX!
Fruity Elderflower Sangria (Easy Summer Recipe)
- One 750 ml bottle of Chardonnay, Pinot Gris or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 cup of Elderflower liqueur
- 2 peaches, sliced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Club soda
- Add the sliced fresh fruit to a large pitcher. Pour the white wine and Elderflower liqueur over the fruit and steep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before topping with club soda. Serve in wine glasses with or without ice cubes.
If you make a recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #homeandplate. I’d love to see what you cook!